We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Printing

Before I get into Syncfusion I would like to know what printing a doc from a windows service is like. We have automated document process that currently use word on a desktop PC and a windows application. I have tried aspos,words and printing is not good. Any input on Syncfunction printing would be great.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 2, 2006 05:53 AM UTC

Hi JIM,

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.

Yes, we have a support for printing the word document directly with out using MS Word application. We have a class called Syncfusion.DLS.Rendering.DLSViewer; which helps us to view the word document to DLSViewer control as well as print the word document to printer device.

I have created a small sample to illustrate this functionality. Please take a look at the attached sample and let me know if it meets your need.

Thanks,
Prabhu

DocIO_DocViewer.zip

JI Jim October 2, 2006 04:30 PM UTC

Great i''ll test this today. Thanks

>Hi JIM,

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.

Yes, we have a support for printing the word document directly with out using MS Word application. We have a class called Syncfusion.DLS.Rendering.DLSViewer; which helps us to view the word document to DLSViewer control as well as print the word document to printer device.

I have created a small sample to illustrate this functionality. Please take a look at the attached sample and let me know if it meets your need.

Thanks,
Prabhu

DocIO_DocViewer.zip

JI Jim October 2, 2006 05:53 PM UTC

OK I am testing the rendering object, I open a document with a graphic in the header and it comes to the front and fills the whole document and the text in the header is gone. Is this a weakness in the rendering engine?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 3, 2006 04:30 AM UTC

Hi Jim,

Currently, our document rendering object [ DLSViewer ] is still under development. So when we rendering the complex format document; some of the document elements may not be a proper. However, we try to preserve all the complex elements from the document as much as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Prabhu

>OK I am testing the rendering object, I open a document with a graphic in the header and it comes to the front and fills the whole document and the text in the header is gone. Is this a weakness in the rendering engine?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon