We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

custom cell properties in gridControl

I want to add one custom property to cells of type ColumnHeaderCell in my grid so i can free up the Tag property and implement sorting. My grid is derived from gridControl and is unbound, so i use the tag property of the column header cell to link the column to my datasource internally.

Is there a simple way to add custom properties? This is the only thing i need to add to this celltype. I looked at the SliderCell sample and this is way more complicated than i need. Is there a simpler implementation?

Thanks,
Julie

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 26, 2006 04:50 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

You can extend GridStyleInfo to hold your own custom properties. For example, the style.MaskEdit, style.CurrencyEdit and style.FormulaTag are extended properties added to the GridStyleInfo class. So, if you have the grid source code, you could take one of these (the FormulaTag may be closest to what you have), and create your own extended style property mimicing that code.

Here is a link to a sample showing this process which might be simpler.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/CustomstyleInfoSample_ffb28df_a25d9536.zip

Also refer the Browse samples :
syncfusion\essential studio\3.3.0.1\Windows\Grid.Windows\samples\CellTypes\PictureBoxCells
Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.10\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\CellTypes\SliderCells

Let me know if you need any further assitance.
Regards,
Haneef

JL Julie Levy September 27, 2006 09:01 PM UTC

This helped alot.
Thanks once again for your help Haneef.
Julie

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon