We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Different summary calculation for a specific summary column in a Custom Summary Row

I have a custom summary implemention. Let''s assume that I have three cols (C1, C2, C3). I would like to the last column (C3) to have a different summary calculation than that used for the other columns (C1 and C2) in the summary row.

Is this possible? I would think it is possible is I could dynamically get the name to column from the ''SummaryColumns'' collection.
How would I specify this different custom calculation from the default calculation in my custom summary class?

thx.

2 Replies

JA jamesb September 23, 2006 01:58 AM UTC

I think that i found a way...

public static ISummary CreateSummaryMethod(SummaryDescriptor sd, Record record)

if (sd.FieldDescriptor.GetName() == "MyCol")
{
///my column based logic
return new Summary(...);
}

>I have a custom summary implemention. Let''s assume that I have three cols (C1, C2, C3). I would like to the last column (C3) to have a different summary calculation than that used for the other columns (C1 and C2) in the summary row.

Is this possible? I would think it is possible is I could dynamically get the name to column from the ''SummaryColumns'' collection.
How would I specify this different custom calculation from the default calculation in my custom summary class?

thx.

JA jamesb September 23, 2006 02:37 AM UTC

Ok, another question...

Can I do the same for the built in Summary columns, i.e, for specific columns, plug in my own calculation or display a custom text without resorting to creating a custom summary

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon