We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

BarItem shortcuts make focused controls do not work correctly

I have a problem with a BarItem''s shortcut set to a key that the focused control also understands (for example the DEL key, if the focused control is a TextBox).

If I do this, my focused controls in the same form do not accept the shortcut key anymore.

Of course, shortcuts should not avoid controls having the focus to work correctly. First the control having the focus should have a chance to handle the key and then the BarItem can do its work.

Can I somehow avoid this unwanted behaviour?

3 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team September 21, 2006 03:22 PM UTC

Hi Mario,

Please refer the KB article in the link below

How do I workaround the problem resulting from having Delete key as a shortcut to one of my BarItems or MenuItems ?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Mano

MA Mario September 24, 2006 05:05 PM UTC

Hi Mano,
I think, it would be much easier, if Shortcuts would have a property, that allows to decide, whether local events are handled before the shortcut action executes?

Then I would not need to distribute shortcut disable/enable code throughout my whole application.

If this fits with your strategy, it would be nice to see this feature in a future release.

Regards, Mario

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team September 26, 2006 10:35 AM UTC

Hi Mario,

We will consider it and will make it as a feature in future releases.

Thanks,
Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon