We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Embeding tab control in a grid cell

Hi,
I would like to embed a custom asp.net tabcontrol in a cell of the grid. Can any one suggest me how i can achieve that in Synchfusion asp.net grid or asp.net grouping grid.

Thanks in advance
Alfred

9 Replies

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team September 21, 2006 02:01 AM UTC

Hi Alfred,

You can use ''ItemTemplates'' for any required cells of any columns to be a ''Custom Tab Control'' to acheive this behavior.

The best approach is to apply ''Templates through code'' for the Columns.

Please look in the following KB, which should guide you on creating templates programatically.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=373

It is also possible to apply this template Control to some of the cell based on some conditions. Please have a
look at the following forum , where we discuss about adding a ''ComboBox'' programatically to some of the columns, similarly
you will have to add ''TabControl'' Instead.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=48400

Kindly Let us know if you need more info

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

AD Alfred D'Souza September 21, 2006 01:02 PM UTC

Hi
Thanks for your quick response.

I tried adding the tab user control but i could not see anything in the cell. But if i add combo box i can see the combo box in the cell.

Can you please help me out?

I have attached the sample files of my code. I have Tabcontrol.ascx which has some controls(which any way is not actuallt a Tab).

SynchGridDemo.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 22, 2006 07:01 AM UTC

Hi Alfread,

I will look in to it and will update you in a day or two.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 27, 2006 08:16 PM UTC

Hi Alfred,

I could see the issue when using usercontrol, I haven''t tried checking the same in ''GridView''. Could you update me if you were able to work with the same in GridView?

However, I have acheived the similar behavior by using muliple controls as templates inside the cs file, please see the attached sample, for more details.

TabControlinGrid.zip

I am not sure if the above sample will help you in your scenario. Let me know if you need more info

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

AD Alfred D'Souza September 29, 2006 04:14 AM UTC

Hi ShivaKumar

We need a grid control for our asp.net web application which should have the following features.
1. Look and feel
2. Paging and sorting.
3. Hierarchical display.
4. Embending User controls in a cell.(say Tab control)

I could do the first 3 points but i cannot do the 4th point. Can you please suggest me if Groupinggidcontrol or Grid supports all the above features. Based on this we need to decide whether to buy syncfusion products.

Please reply me if the above points are possible in Synchfusion grid

I would appreciate your early response to this.

Thnaks
Alfred

>Hi Alfred,

I could see the issue when using usercontrol, I haven''t tried checking the same in ''GridView''. Could you update me if you were able to work with the same in GridView?

However, I have acheived the similar behavior by using muliple controls as templates inside the cs file, please see the attached sample, for more details.

TabControlinGrid.zip

I am not sure if the above sample will help you in your scenario. Let me know if you need more info

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team September 29, 2006 03:30 PM UTC

Hi Alfred,

We are looking in to this and will get back to you as soon as possible.

we also heard the same query from our sales team today,on behalf of you. As we are already following up with you in this forum. We will continue here.

ThankYou, for your interest in Syncfusion products

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 2, 2006 04:38 AM UTC

Hi Alfred,

We are working on this with high priority and will get back to you later today.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 2, 2006 07:42 AM UTC

Hi Alfred,

To provide the usercontrol inside the grid do as follows

In your sample inside GridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo event specify the following code, instead of the current code, this will show the usercontrol inside the first name column.

[C#]

GridColumnDescriptor colDesc = this.GridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.GetColumnDescriptor("FirstName");
Control ctrl = null;
//Loading the usercontrol to control
ctrl= LoadControl("TabControl.ascx");
//Assigning the control as a template control.
TemplateTabControl templateTab = new TemplateTabControl(ctrl);
colDesc.ItemTemplate = templateTab;

I will update this forum, with a sample as soon as possible, with more details.

Please feel free to let us know if you need more info

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 2, 2006 06:27 PM UTC

Hi Alfred,

Plese download the sample illustrating usercontrol as templates, from the below link.

UserControlInGrid.aspx.zip

Please feel free to let us know if you have any queries.

Best Regards,
A.Sivakumar

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon