We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to expand a collapse column, like Excel?

I have two kind of grids:
1- Grid control and
2- Grid Data Bound Grid Control
and I like to have the following behavior in both of them.

Assume my grids have 4 columns, test_id, test_name, comment and result.
Most of the time our user wants to collapse (hide) the comment column. He can do that by using mouse pointed to the column header divider and drag it and make the column completely invisible (column width = 0). But then later he wants to expand (make it visible) the comment column but he can''t. In Excel when I want to expand that specific column by mouse the mouse indicator changed from a cross kind of shape to double vertical line cross. When it is double vertical line cross, it actually expands the invisible column. How can I have this behavior? Do I need to set MinResizeColSize to a small number? We are using Syncfusion 4.1.0.62.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2006 04:54 AM UTC

Hi Najmeh,

You can set the MinResizeColSize property of the grid to "2". or you will have to handle the ResizingColumns event to unhide the column. Please refer the below forum thread for more details.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=48019

Thanks,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon