We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DropDown problem in child table

Hi,

I developed on form in which I want to show the dropdownlist in the edit mode of row. So I used EditItemTemplate. (This solution you have specified in the sample in this link -- http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=48953

Now I developed another form in which I want parent and child relation in grid. Here I use EditItemTemplate for parent and child too. But it workds fined in Parent row editing. But when I tried to edit child row it shown my default editing as textboxes and not the dropdownlist. (I used dropdownlist in EditItemTemplate in design mode)

Here again I tried using EditItemTemplate in the runtime mode at QueryCellStyleInfo to assign the TemplateClass. But here also it works well in Parent table but goes wrong again with Child table.

Will you please give me the solution.
Here I want to create a control in such a way that it will show parent and child rows. And I should be able to update any child row by doubleclicking the row which will show dropdownlist in edit mode.

Please provide me the sample.

5 Replies

SA Sandeep September 14, 2006 01:06 PM UTC

Hi,

Here problem is only for child rows and not with parent row. It seems to be EditItemTemplate not working with child table rows. But works fine with Parent table rows.
Please provide sample if possible.

Thanks

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team September 14, 2006 05:17 PM UTC

Hi Sandeep,

It should be possible!. I will send you a
sample illustratting ''EditItemTemplate'' in child rows at the earliest.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team September 15, 2006 12:45 AM UTC

Hi Sandeep,

I could see the issue you mentioned. I will get back to you as soon as possible with more info.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team September 19, 2006 03:08 PM UTC

Hi Sandeep,

I have filed a bug report based on the above issue in our Defect Tracking System.

You can see the status of the bug by clicking on the following link.

Bug ID:#2711

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

SS Suresh Sekarean Syncfusion Team May 23, 2007 04:57 AM UTC

Hi Sandeep,

We regret for the time delay.

The issue, Edit Item Template not working in child table has been fixed and available in our latest version v5.1.0.51 which can be downloaded from the below link

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Latest version includes many features such as Vista Support, Skin support,Data Catching Modes and improved Clientside Object Model.

For Unlock Key:

If you hold a Syncfusion license with a valid subscription, you can obtain your key for this version by visiting the "Download the latest versions" section within Direct-Trac and clicking on the appropriate key icon. If you're currently evaluating our products or considering renewing an expired subscription, please contact our sales team (salessupport@syncfusion.com) for the key and further details.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon