We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How can I hide a group header? but needs to show the records under this group.

Hi,

I am using Syncfusion Grouping grid control version 3.3 on .Net framework 1.1
There are multiple levels of grouping in the grid (not using nested table). The following are the fields Name,State and Id. One of the group headers contains “None”. I like to hide this group header from view. There are few records under this group that does not want to hide the records from grid.
Could you please suggest a way to implement this? If possible, I like to avoid setting RowHeight property of the header to 0, since there was some serious performance issues when I was implemented it previously.

I have attached the sample application for the scenario.

Regards,
Prathima.

CS36.zip

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 14, 2006 09:26 AM UTC

Hi Prathima,

You can efficiently customize the child table/group by using a custom engine. Please refer the below KB article for more detail and let me know if you are looking different..

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=363

Thanks,
Haneef

PV Prathima Venkobachar September 14, 2006 03:57 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

Sorry Haneef, the above specified link is not working for my scenario.
My requirement is to hide some particular group headers from the view. There are few records under these groups, but I don’t want to hide the records under it.

Can you please suggest any properties to hide a particular group header?

Regards,
Rajesh.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2006 06:43 AM UTC

Hi Rajesh,

The Caption of the the "None" category groups can be hidden by creating a custom GroupinEngine and overriding the IsChildVisible method. Check for the group category in the override method when the element is a Caption, if it is empty then returning false will hide the Caption for the null category groups . Below is a code snippet

public override bool IsChildVisible(Element el)
{
if (el is CaptionSection)
{
if(el.ParentGroup.Category.ToString() != "None" )
return true;
else
return false;
}
else if (el is DetailsSection)
{
if (el.ParentGroup.Category.ToString() == "None")
return true;
else
return el.ParentGroup.IsExpanded;
}
else
return el.ParentGroup.IsExpanded;
}

Here is a sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/HideNoneCategory_ca1b04c7.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

RJ Rajesh John September 15, 2006 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

I implemented the custom GroupingEngine to hide the caption row by making use of IsChildVisible property in my application. But the grouping grid seems to collapse unexpectedly when I enter values in the grid''s cells. When I comment out the custom GroupingEngine code, it seems to work fine.

Could you please resolve this problem?

Regards,
Rajesh.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 18, 2006 07:00 AM UTC

Hi Rajesh,

Please refer the below forum thread for more details.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=49282

Let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon