We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ObjectDataSource with GridGrouping Control

Hi,
I am trying to use a ObjectDataSource with the GridGrouping Grid control without too much success. I have attached an example that uses a ODS with the GridView web control and it works just fine. But in trying to get it to work with the GridGrouping control it will only display the column headers but no data. This is a paging example with over 2.4 million records in the SQL Database. The routines that are called from the ODS for SelectMethod and SelectCountMethod will return a dataset with 1 page of data and the total number of records. The onSelecting method will update the input parameters that are used. As I mentioned this example works great with the GridView control but not with the GridGrouping control.

Thanks.
David

PagedExample.zip

4 Replies

DA David A. Gonzales September 12, 2006 02:57 PM UTC

As my previous post indicated I have been having problems with the GridGrouping control and the ObjectDataSource. Enclosed you will find the test grid that I am trying to get working. Again, when I try to display the grid I only get the Column Headers to display (which are correct by the way).

Thanks.
David

PagedExampleNotWorking.zip

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team September 12, 2006 07:50 PM UTC

Hi David,

Please have a look at the following forum where Grid with ObjectDataSource is discussed.

Forum discussion on GridGroupingWithObjectDataSource

You can download the sample from this forum and can change the version number in the register tag prefix for the sample to work on your system.

Also I have modified the sample from the above mentioned forum to much simpler form and attached the sample illutrates binding the gridgrouping control to objectDataSource.

GridGroupingWithObjectDataSource Sample

Please let us know if you need any furthur assistance

ThankYou for your interest in syncfusion products.

Regards,
A.Sivakumar

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team September 12, 2006 07:50 PM UTC

Hi David,

Please have a look at the following forum where Grid with ObjectDataSource is discussed.

Forum discussion on GridGroupingWithObjectDataSource

You can download the sample from this forum and can change the version number in the register tag prefix for the sample to work on your system.

Also I have modified the sample from the above mentioned forum to much simpler form and attached the sample illutrates binding the gridgrouping control to objectDataSource.

GridGroupingWithObjectDataSource Sample

Please let us know if you need any furthur assistance

ThankYou for your interest in syncfusion products.

Regards,
A.Sivakumar

DA David A. Gonzales September 13, 2006 05:54 PM UTC

Thanks. Looks like what I need.

David.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon