We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Series grouped together with same/different point/columncolors

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

49159 Sep 12,2006 10:22 AM Sep 14,2006 06:45 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: Chart
Mariana
Asked On September 12, 2006 10:22 AM

Hi, I have a set of data which I would like to present in two different ways in a columnchart. The data should be grouped in two ways. In the first way the colors should be the same within the group section and in the other way the colors of the columns should be different within the group section, see attachment. I would like to create a serie for each grouped section and be able to manually set the color of each column within the serie. Is this possible or how shall I do to obtain the result presented in the attachment? Best regards //Mariana

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 13, 2006 03:10 AM

Hi Mariana,

Thanks you for using Syncfusion Products.

Please take a look at the sample attached.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Rashidha.

ChartControl1.zip

Mariana
Replied On September 13, 2006 06:41 AM

Hi Rashidha,

Thanks for the reply and help.
It seems to solve my problem. I have one problem however, I''m using VB .NET and I don''t know how to use the ChartSeries function "PrepareStyle" that you used. How can i get this funtionality in VB .NET?

Best regards
//Mariana

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 14, 2006 06:45 AM

Hi Mariana,

Thank you for your continued interest in Syncfusion products.

PrepareStyle Event : When a series point is about be rendered by the chart, it will raise this event and allow event subscribers to change the style used. You can handle this event to change the style attributes of a chart.

The following code snippet helps you to declare and define the PrepareStyle event in VB.NET.

AddHandler series1.PrepareStyle, AddressOf Me.ChartControlSeries_PrepareStyle

Protected Sub ChartControlSeries_PrepareStyle(sender As Object, args As ChartPrepareStyleInfoEventArgs)
{

}

With PrepareStyle event you can do the following :

1)Associate symbols,Images,text with PointIndex in different colors.
2)Different colors for each PointIndex.
3)Display the X and Y values using ToolTip.
4)Change the TextOrientation to some degree and so on.

Please try the attached sample which uses the PrepareStyle event to display the symbols on the PointIndex.

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jaya

ChartSample.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;