We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Navigate to location in document and insert table

Is it possible with DocIO to navigate to a Bookmark or even a search/replace text string and then insert a Paragraph or Table.

The examples all show how to create word docs from scratch and inserting tables into Paragraphs. I would prefer to use a predefined template, setup a bookmark, go to that bookmark and insert a table programmatically. I''d also be happy with searching for a string of text and replacing it with a code generaated table.

Regards,
Jason

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 12, 2006 07:06 PM UTC

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.

Yes, it is possible to navigate through the bookmarks in template word document and inserts the paragraph items such as tables, text and images to the bookmark.

Note: - The current version does not have this feature. This will be available from Essential Studio 4.4 release. If you need to test this feature, please create a new a Direct - Trac incident mentioning this forum ID for reference. I will provide you preview version of assemblies for testing this feature.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Prabhu

AD Antony Daniels November 19, 2007 10:23 PM UTC

We are now well past version 4.4 and I can still find NO code that shows how we do this. 'InsertTable' is available in a 'BookmarksNavigator' object but this requires an 'IWTable' object. The only example I can find still shows the creation of IWTable objects via direct insertion into a document rather than dynamic creation prior to insertion into a bookmark... Please show us some example code!

>Hi Jason, Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO. Yes, it is possible to navigate through the bookmarks in template word document and inserts the paragraph items such as tables, text and images to the bookmark. Note: - The current version does not have this feature. This will be available from Essential Studio 4.4 release. If you need to test this feature, please create a new a Direct - Trac incident mentioning this forum ID for reference. I will provide you preview version of assemblies for testing this feature. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Prabhu

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team December 26, 2007 08:23 AM UTC

Hi Tony,

For BookmarkNavigation please refer the browser sample from the below link:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My
Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\6.1.0.34\Web\docio.web\Samples\2.0\Interactive
Feature\Bookmark_Navigation\CS

In the above sample you can navigate to various bookmarks and replace the contents of the bookmark. And also you can refer the browser samples from the below link:

http://www2.syncfusion.com/syncfusion/infrastructure/samplebrowserasp/samples.aspx?version=2_0

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Raji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon