We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Find Text and highlight

how do I find text in the edit control and highlight it - or set the caret to the begining of the text I have searched for?

I am using ver 4.2.0.37

Cheers Bruce

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 11, 2006 11:24 AM UTC

Hi Bruce,

Our apologies for the delayed response. It is possible to find and highlight the given text using FindText method. It is also possible to find and highlight text using the FindDialog. I have have attached a
sample
that illustrates this.

Please let me know if this meets your requirements.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

SK Sailesh Kumar October 12, 2006 02:12 PM UTC

Hi ,

I am facing one problem while copying from the text editor to the Find & Replace dialog while using Keyboard (Ctrl +C , Ctrl+V) option.

1. Highlight the test in text editor.
2. press ctrl + C , the focus( the control) is on the Find replace dialog combo control by default.
3. Press ctrl+ V to paste .

4. Instead of pasting the text on the combo text box, nothing has pasted on that at first time , if i do Ctrl + V next time , it paste the content on the edit control next to previous text selected position .

I am using the version 3.3.0.0 Essential Studio.

Note :: The keyboard copy paste is working in the case of Goto dialog box.

Requires a solution for this.

Thanks & Regds,
Sailesh Kumar

SK Sailesh Kumar October 12, 2006 02:43 PM UTC

Hi ,

I am facing one problem while copying from the text editor to the Find & Replace dialog while using Keyboard (Ctrl +C , Ctrl+V) option.

1. Highlight the test in text editor.
2. press ctrl + C , the focus( the control) is on the Find replace dialog combo control by default.
3. Press ctrl+ V to paste .

4. Instead of pasting the text on the combo text box, nothing has pasted on that at first time , if i do Ctrl + V next time , it paste the content on the edit control next to previous text selected position .

I am using the version 3.3.0.0 Essential Studio.

Note :: The keyboard copy paste is working in the case of Goto dialog box.

Requires a solution for this.

Thanks & Regds,
Sailesh Kumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 14, 2006 03:11 PM UTC

Hi Sailesh Kumar,

Our apologies for the delayed response. I have tested for this issue using v3.3.0.0 and was not able see the problem. I have attached the sample used for testing this issue and screenshots that shows how I went about testing it in the link given below. Please let me know if I am missing something. If I have not understood your specifications correctly, could you please modify the sample to show the problem ?

Regards,
Manohari.R

Sample and screenshots

FZ Frank Zhang April 4, 2007 08:27 PM UTC

FindText won't find text that comes before the cursor in the editor. Is there a way for it to start searching from the start of the text instead of the current cursor position? Also, can it return to the start of the text after reaching the end of the text?

FZ Frank Zhang April 6, 2007 01:12 PM UTC

FindText will start from the beginning if the text it's searching for is occurs on multiple lines. If it only occurs on one line, then it won't start from the beginning again.

SL Shirley Louis Syncfusion Team May 23, 2007 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Frank,

I apologize for the delayed response. The FindText method does find text occuring before the cursor, under conditions of both multiple lines and single lines. It would be helpful if you let us know the version used, to check the issue further.

Also using the FindText, returns to the start of the EditControl's text once its end has been reached. Please look into the attached sample to verify this.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Edit/49059-1/main.htm

Further, using the following FindText method enables one to start searching from the start of the text rather than the current cursor position.

FindText( string text, bool caseSensitive, bool wholeWord, bool searchInHidden, bool searchUp, IParsePoint startPoint )

Regards ,
Shirley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon