We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Spline ChartRegionClick event

Hi there

I''ve created a 3D Spline chart (see attached) that contains two series and several points.

The problem i''m having is that I want to provide drill down capability for this chart but when I put code into the ChartRegionClick event I find that e.Region.PointIndex is not being populated corectly.

If I click anywhere on the first series e.Region.PointIndex will be -1 unless I click on a line, in which case it returns the Point index of the point I''ve clicked on. However if I click anywhere on the second series e.Region.PointIndex always returns -1 even if I click on a line.

Am I doing something wrong? maybe using the wrong event, In the same application I''m using 3D Pie and 3D Column charts and e.Region.PointIndex is always populated correctly.

Regards

Craig

ChartRegionClickProblem.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2006 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Craig,

I am able to reproduce the mentioned issue.

You need to click only on the PointIndex not on the other area of the Spline chart.

I have added symbols to the PointIndex of SplineChart to click on to get the desired drilldown effect.

I have attached the sample which helps you to display the 3D Spline and Pie chart with drilldown effect without any exception.

Please kindly let me know if this helps.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Jaya

ChartDrillDown.zip

CB Craig Boyd September 9, 2006 09:11 PM UTC

Hi Jaya

Thanks for your reply, I''ve tried loading the example but I don''t get any symbols on the chart.

I''m just wondering if I need a later version of the chart control? I''m using 4.2.0.37.

Regards

Craig

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 10, 2006 05:05 AM UTC

Hi Craig,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please take a look at the modified attached samples. Let me know if this helps.

You need to click only on the PointIndex not on the other area of the Spline
chart.

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Rashidha.

ChartDrillDown0.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon