We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Refreshing a series if the user is dragging a point with the mouse

Hi at all!
I have got a little problem with my Syncfusion Essential Studio 4.2.0.37.
In my chart I am creating a Series containing 3 points. The user can click onto one of these points and drag it to an other position.
Therefore I am creating a custom point to be able to find out the dragged point later.

My problem is that I can''t see the point moving. The chart is updating only when I am dropping the point with the mouse up event.
Is there a possibility to refresh the series or the chart more often so that the user can see his dragging?

For better understanding please see the attached demo project.

Thanks in advance
Timo

SyncfusionChartTest.zip

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2006 11:07 AM UTC

Hi Timo,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

This is the known issue which I am able to reproduce in 4.2.0.37 version and it is working well in the previous version.

I have already created a bug report on this regard and let you at the earliest once it is fixed.

I kindly request to view the status of the same in the following link :

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/chart/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2484

Regards,
Jaya

JS Jst September 13, 2006 02:58 PM UTC

Hi Jaya,
Correct me if iam wrong. The issue Timo has posted is regarding the visualization of dragging the curve. i.e the curve to be drawn in continuously even when dragging is performed on the chart. But the bug list link you have provided points to "Custom point not drawn to new location".
I too have to drag the curve in my chart and should visualize on fly the drag of curve. Please let me know if there is a solution. I have tried Chartcontrol.Refresh() as well as chartControl1.Redraw(true) in the ChartRegionMouseMove event, but there is no response of it until i do the mouseup event.
Please help us in finding a solution.
Regards,
Ashok

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 14, 2006 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for your update.

The Issue "CustomPoint is not moving to new location " has been a link with the above mentioned issue described by Timo. Because the sample was working well in 4.1.0.50 i.e custom point was updated to the new location while doing drag and drop.

You can also try the attached sample which helps you to update the series with ChartRegionMouse events i.e the PointIndex will be updated with the new point acording to the drag and drop.

Please Kindly let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jaya

ChartDragDropSample.zip

JS Jst September 15, 2006 12:00 PM UTC

Hi,
Sorry, I probably misunderstood the issue reported. Anyway i will post my question in a new post instead of adding it here.Thank you.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon