We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Catastrophic failure when trying to perform HTMLtoPdf Conversion

I have downloaded a trial version of syncfusion and am attempting to create a small little HTML2PDF Converter. I''ve copied the source from another email in here but everytime I excute the page I get the following stackdump and am unsure where I should start looking to solve the problem?:

Server Error in ''/'' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

Source Error:

Line 67: m_converter = null;
Line 68:
Line 69: }
Line 70: }
Line 71: private ImageType GetImageType()

Source File: D:\Inetpub\ORPUDev\Test\syncpdf2.aspx.cs Line: 69

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x8000ffff): Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))]
SHDocVw.IWebBrowser2.Stop() +0
AxSHDocVw.AxWebBrowser.Stop() +23
Syncfusion.HtmlConverter.HtmlConverter.Dispose(Boolean disposing) +63
System.ComponentModel.Component.Dispose() +14
Qfrs.Test.syncpdf2.Convert() in D:\Inetpub\ORPUDev\Test\syncpdf2.aspx.cs:69
Qfrs.Test.syncpdf2.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Inetpub\ORPUDev\Test\syncpdf2.aspx.cs:25
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

8 Replies

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team September 7, 2006 04:27 PM UTC

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF.
Could you please mention the .Net framework version and the Syncfusion Essential Suite version.This will help me in investigating further on this issue.

Thanks,
Dhivya.

JF Jason Finch September 7, 2006 10:36 PM UTC

Hi Dhivya,

ASP.NET 2.0
SyncFusion Studio 4.2.0.37

>Hi Jason,

Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF.
Could you please mention the .Net framework version and the Syncfusion Essential Suite version.This will help me in investigating further on this issue.

Thanks,
Dhivya.

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team September 8, 2006 06:16 AM UTC

Hi Jason,

I am afraid. I was unable to reproduce the issue when i tried running the sample with the mentioned version.

Here is a sample for your reference.
HTML_TO_PDF_CS_2005.zip

Could you please run this sample and let me know if the problem still exist.

Thanks
Dhivya.

JF Jason Finch September 11, 2006 01:45 AM UTC

Thanks Dhivya

I was able to get the code working from a new IIS application.

But when I attempted to use the code in an existing assembly after clicking the button to convert the browser would constantly sit there awaiting a response from the server. It appears as though the server thread just goes idle.

My test was as follows:
Copy your code to my existing project.
Add assembly references two dll''s provided.
Execute code.

I would really like to solve why this is so, as it prohibits me from recommending the product for purchase as I need the functionality integrated into our existing code.

Are there any items that may interfere with the operation of SyncFusion Essential PDF?

The server is running Windows 2003 SP1.

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team September 11, 2006 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Jason,

I am afraid.I am not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please do the following and let me know if the problem still exist?

1) Add to the @Page directive AspCompat="true" attribute to the page where we want to perform html to pdf convertion.

2) Reference the "AxInterop.dll and SHDocVw.dll" assembly to the project.

Thanks,
Dhivya.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2006 06:38 PM UTC

Hi BGomes,

The error can be rectified by putting AspCompat=”true” in page directive. Could you please do the following steps.

Here are some steps for your clarification.

1) Add to the @Page directive AspCompat="true" attribute to the page where we want to perform html to pdf convertion.

2) Reference the "AxInterop.dll and SHDocVw.dll" assembly to the project.

Here is the sample for your reference.
HTML_TO_PDF_CS_2005.zip

Could you please take a look at this and let me if you have any other queries.
Regards,
Prakash.

SH Shankar June 7, 2007 11:10 AM UTC

hi,

tell me solution for this..

regds
Shankar

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team June 7, 2007 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Shankar,

Could you please clarify the following?

1) Are you getting Catastrophic failure Exception while converting HTML to PDF? If this the case please follow the below steps:

a) Add to the @Page directive AspCompat="true" attribute to the page where we want to perform html to pdf convertion.

b) Reference the "AxInterop.dll and SHDocVw.dll" assembly to the project.

2) If the problem still exists after following the above steps, then please provide us the syncfusion version and .net version you are using? This would help us in investigating this issue further.

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon