We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Implementing fill right/down

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

48865 Sep 5,2006 06:12 PM UTC Sep 7,2006 08:45 PM UTC WinForms 2
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On September 5, 2006 06:12 PM UTC

Hi,

I need to implement fill right/down functionality similar to Excel. I know how to do the basic fill using gridmodel.ChangeCells. What I don''t know is how to adjust any formulas that are part of the fill. I guess you could just simulate a paste over and over but I''m wondering if there is an easier and more efficient way.

Thanks.

Replied On September 6, 2006 07:15 AM UTC

Hi Amit,

There are properties that you set to tell the GridFormulaEngine to do the work required to update referecnes as you insert/delete rows/columns or copy/paste formulas. Try setting these properties:

this.gridControl1.TableStyle.CellType = "FormulaCell";

this.engine = ((GridFormulaCellModel)gridControl1.Model.CellModels["FormulaCell"]).Engine;
engine.FormulaCopyFlags |= GridFormulaCopyFlags.InsDelRangeReferencesUpdated;
engine.FormulaCopyFlags |= GridFormulaCopyFlags.ClipBoardReferencesAdjusted;

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
Haneef

Replied On September 7, 2006 08:45 PM UTC

I know about the gridformula copy flags. They don''t take effect when using ChangeCells. That''s why I was saying that the only way I can see to adjust formulas is to simulate a paste over the whole range you want to fill. This would be very slow and I was wondering if there is a more efficient, syncfusion recommended way.

Thanks.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

or the page will be automatically redirected to sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;