We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Pre-Sales Q: I am trying to create an Outliner program (like Ecco, Grandview, etc)

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

48804 Sep 4,2006 10:23 PM Sep 5,2006 09:22 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: EditControl
RexB
Asked On September 4, 2006 10:23 PM

Please let me know if any of your software programs (Essential Grid? Essential Edit?) could help me solve my problem. I am trying to create a specific type of software that is unique in a few ways:
1. To best explain, view this gif screen print at the following location:

http://www.goodenergysoftware.com/SampleDisplay.gif

(This screen print is of a program called Ecco, which stopped being produced about 10 years ago).

2. The overall program could be described as an "Outliner / Word-Processor".

3. The overall structure looks like a TreeView (like the left-side hierarchical structure as shown in Windows Explorer).

4. But each item, or "node", can be 1 or more lines. In other words, as the User types in that item and gets to the end of the row, it word-wraps to the next line WITHIN that item. (Or the User can press Shift-Enter to immediately go to a 2nd row WITHIN that item - even before they get to the end of the row)

5. Ideally, each item will have the ability to have multiple styles WITHIN it. For example, if I want to italicize one word (or phrase) or colorize one word (or phrase), that would be possible.

6. KEY ITEM: As the User types within an item, and gets to the end of a row, and it then WORD-WRAPS, the item must expand (just as in a word-processor) AND all items below it will shift down on the screen.

Thanks for your time!

Rex

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 5, 2006 09:22 AM

Hi Rex,

Our apologies for the delayed response. It is possible to create this application using the GridControl. We are working on a sample and will update you shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Manohari.R

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;