We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

A "My Threads" feature in the forum would be nice

Hi,
thanks for your support so far in this forum. It helped me a lot.

However, there is one issue with the forum itself, that drives me nuts: it is difficult to check my own posts for updates from your support staff.

The reason for this is, that a "My Threads" feature is missing in the forum, which lists all threads, that I have started.

The order of the threads listed in a forum continuesly changes as people add new threads and update existing ones. I have the feeling, that my own threads get sometimes lost in this ''thread ocean'' before I have read all your answers.

This becomes even more important for messages put into different forum groups (for example, Tools and Grouping).

Perhaps you think, that we should remember the subjects of our own threads but this is simply not possible considering the number of questions that we put into the different forums.

The "My Threads" link would be helpful in the heading line, that already lists "My Account".

I know about the Incidents feature but as far as I know, that is different from the messages posted to the forums.

3 Replies

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team September 5, 2006 07:43 PM UTC

Hi Mario,

Thank you for your extensive feedback.

The ''My Threads'' link will be a nice feature to have.

But, we encounter the following problems in including such feature,
1) There are many ''anonymous'' customers replying the queries.
2) Same customer using different names, say, you have used ''Mario Muja'' and ''Mario'' in posting the forums. I was also able to see ''Mario Nordin'' have posted a forum. So it is difficult to integerate the threads in to one''s account.

I will discuss with our WebSite development team about the possible aspects of enabling this support and will update once this is included.

Until then please use the ''Forum Search'' option to check for the threads under your name.

We appreciate your in interest in Syncfusion products and expect such interesting feedbacks.

Best Regards,
Nanda

MA Mario October 5, 2006 07:07 PM UTC

> we encounter the following problems
> 1) There are many ''anonymous'' customers
>2) Same customer using different names

You seem to have this sort of problems, because you are identifying users using their names and not a GUID or other unique identifier.

For example, the MSDN forums successfully use a "My Threads" feature. Or have a look at llblgen.com. They also have a very nice forum.

Another point, that bothers me with your forum is that I have to reenter my name and eMail address for every single post. The name and mail address fields are empty, even if I am "logged in". This "bug" was/is the same in your old/new web interface.

Regards, Mario

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 8, 2006 03:59 AM UTC

I miss this feature a lot :(

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon