We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Event like ItemDataBound

Hi,
I just want to know - Is there any event like ItemDataBound in the Microsoft DataGrid. I want to use this event to add attributes to each row.
Its urgent please.

Thanks

6 Replies

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team September 4, 2006 10:04 AM UTC

Hi Sandeep,

Yes, you can acheive the behavior of all that itemDataBound does either by using any of the ''QueryCellStyleInfo'' event or some other events based up on the scenario in our grid.

Most of the cell wise actions are performed using the ''QueryCellStyleInfo'' event, and let us know the scenario you are in need of
so that we can provide you with a sample to illustrate this.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

SA Sandeep September 4, 2006 11:13 AM UTC

Thanks for it. But this event is actually for the .net 2.0 (I think so). So I got another event QueryCellText in the while using current version. Anyway but still please tell how I can get the gridrow corresponding to it. I need to attach some javascript function to it as adding the attribute to corresponding row. I am trying to do this for drag drop rows.

>Hi,
I just want to know - Is there any event like ItemDataBound in the Microsoft DataGrid. I want to use this event to add attributes to each row.
Its urgent please.

Thanks

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team September 4, 2006 07:37 PM UTC

Hi Sandeep,

We are looking in to it and will update you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team September 5, 2006 12:41 AM UTC

Hi Sandeep,

No, the event ''QueryCellStyleInfo'' is available in .Net1.1 . But I couldn''t find a easy ways to get the grid row directly by using
this event. Using this event you can change the values displayed in a current cell and can format the display colors for some particular cells etc..
you can even add templates throuhg code here.

For your scenario, it seems like we need some template columns to be added additionally and then can add the attributes
to the row by getting the row from the templates.

We are reviewing the possiblity of implementing this and I will get back to you at the earliest. sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks
A.Sivakumar

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team September 13, 2006 06:18 AM UTC

Hi Sandeep,

You have mentioned in one of your previous post that you are trying to acheive the ''drag drop rows'' of gridgrouping web.

We now have a working sample for the drag and drop of rows with the following specifications:

1. To drag new rows in between existing rows,
2. To move and re-arrange existing rows within the GGC
3. Changing the entire grids rows at client and saving them by clicking on a button, also shown the AutoPostback on dropping a row

The sample uses our DragDropManager which is a new control in our Essential Studio 4.3 version

So this sample requires Syncfusion version 4.3 to be installed in your machine.

I am attaching the sample along with this post. You can use this sample if you want(not sure if you already did this)
Attached sample uses the .Net frameWork2.0 version.

DragDropRowsInGrid.zip

Below are some of the additional informations about the sample, also there is a document
attached along with the sample.

We acheive this behavior using templates. we added a imagecontrol as one of the column as a template, this column is a unbound column.
we provide the image controls id w.r.t the row''s id and then specified it to be the dragged control in DragDropManager''s DragControlId.

User will be able to drag this Imagecontrol to another grid or within the same grid

when the ''''DragImageControl'''' is dropped a ''''Dropped'''' event will trigger on the server side.
(optional by providing true in ''AutoPostback'' property)

we will get the details of the dragged row and will update a view state in client side, then in server side
based on this you should yourself have to arrange the rows in the DataTable;

Note: Here is the link for the beta version of our upcoming 4.3 release.

Essential Studio 4.3 beta(4.3.0.17)

The 4.3 final release will be available before the end of this week. Let us know if you are intreseted in above solution.

so that we will ask our sales team member to update you with a key for 4.3

Best Regards,
A.Sivakumar

SA Sandeep September 15, 2006 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Sivakumar,
Thanks for the dropdown functionality. For now we dont want to update on 4.3 so I will not able to user your functionality. After updating to newer version , we can take benefit of it.

Thanks,
Sandeep

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon