We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GGC - Group Expanding While Adding Column, And Performance Issues

Hi,

I have attached a sample with a strange behavior. I have a GGC with multiple groups. Now when I expand for example the first and the last group and click on the "Add Column" button. Then the first group gets collapsed.

How can I avoid this?

Another thing which seems a little bit annoying is, if I have a large grid with a huge amount of records (with some nice effects like colored rows etc.) then the application resize is very slow - is this a general .NET issue or is this because of the grid? Are there any performance boost options?

Cheers,
Chris

NestedTable.zip

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 31, 2006 09:31 AM UTC

Hi Chris,

Issue 1: Collapse the group.

You can use the GroupExpanded and GroupCollapsed events to save the status ( i.e., expanded or collapsed ) by saving the record index in a hashtable before the change. And after the change the list( i.e., Rows or columns added ), you could try expanding the required records depend on the mappings in the hashtable.

You can expand or collapse a particular Group by using this code snippet

this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.Records[5].ParentGroup.IsExpanded = true;

In order to access a particular group record, you can follow this sample code snippet.

int cnt = this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.TopLevelGroup.Groups["row6 col1"].Records.Count;
Record f = this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.TopLevelGroup.Groups["row6 col1"].Records[0];
Record l = this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.TopLevelGroup.Groups["row6 col1"].Records[cnt-1];

For more details, please refer to our Evalution center
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/EvaluationCenter/default.aspx?cNode=5 =>GridGroupingControl Groups & Records

Issue 2: Are there any performance boost options?

Yes. Please refer this thread.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=34232

Let me know if this helps.
Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 31, 2006 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

thank you for your suggestions. I have taken a closer look at the recommended thread about the perfomance boost option. I am not really sure, but I think it''s more a CPU time problem instead of a memory issue. Nevertheless my CPU is a 3.0GHz P4 so I think this shouldn''t be the problem (at least at the hardware side). When I try to resize my application I have a 100% CPU usage (just for the time the resize takes)

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon