We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Overview control

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

48565 Aug 30,2006 07:51 PM UTC Sep 6,2006 11:51 AM UTC Windows Forms 6
Tags: Diagram
Truman Lackey
Asked On August 30, 2006 07:51 PM UTC

I have just started looking at the overviewcontrol and I want to do the following with it. If I reset the model bounds I want the bounds in the overviewcontrol to also change without effecting the zoom of the diagram control. I tried setting the ViewPortBounds to the model bounds but this zoomed the diagram. Suggestion examples would be appreciated.

Truman

Truman Lackey
Replied On August 30, 2006 07:59 PM UTC

To clarify, the issue I am running into has to do with bounds that go into negative space. In the overview control the diagram in it will not show negative x and y value if my bounds include negatives.

Truman

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 31, 2006 07:37 AM UTC

Hi Tuman,

If you need to reset the bounds of the overviewcontrol when the bounds of the Diagram control is changed, then you can go with this by using the Model.SizeToContent property that resizes the Model bounds when the nodes are placed outside ( negative view space ) the model bounds.

The Overviewcontrol''s bounds will also get changed on resizing the Diagram.Model bounds.Please look into the sample image files that will exhibit this behavior.Also, this reset behavior will not zoom the diagram as well.

If I am wrong in getting your requirement,please try to reproduce the issue with the sample or if possible please post us a sample that reproduces the issue.

Thanks for your continued support to Syncfusion.

Regards,
Praveena.

ResetOverViewControlBounds.zip

Truman Lackey
Replied On September 1, 2006 09:02 PM UTC

I can not find SetToContent for vers 4.1.0.62.

Replied On September 4, 2006 05:32 AM UTC

Hi Truman,

The SizeToContent property has been added in latest version.This feature will now allow the Model bounds to get reset automatically when the diagram nodes are placed outside ( negative space view) the model boundary.

However,I have created a sample implementing this feature in 4.1.0.62 version for your reference and tested with the Overview Control.The application is working fine for me.

Kindly, refer the sample post and do let us know if we can be of further assistance to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Praveena.

ResetOverview_Sample.zip

Truman Lackey
Replied On September 5, 2006 06:30 PM UTC

If the diagram is panned to the right and a symbol is added to the diagram on the left of the current model boundary an exception is thrown when SizeToContent is clicked. The size to content does not handle symbols added in the negative direction in relation to the model.

panned.zip

Replied On September 6, 2006 11:51 AM UTC

Hi Truman,

Could you please follow with the update on incident #27629?.As I have mentioned, I was able to view the symbols in the Print Preview Dialog window,which when placed in the negative view space of the Diagram.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Praveena.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;