We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Formula engien.GetValueFromArg

Hi, I've created a new formua. IF(test, test_true, test_false) The function works fine. I do have a question with the GetValueFromArg function. It does not seem to handle strings correctly. I noticed this in nested callse to IF() such as =IF(A2<>0,IF(B2 <> 0,A2/B2,"hi"),"Bye") The inner IF()will return an "nHI" to the outter IF() and that statement is not evaluated correctly. Is that how the GetValueFromArg works?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 4, 2003 03:01 PM UTC

Currently, the formula engine does not support string functions (and thus, string arguments). If you need this, then you could write your IF function to understand that your arguments are strings, and just return the string and not try to parse it with GetValueFromArg. Or, your IF function could be smart enough to recognize the quotes and only conditionally call GetValueFromArg if the quotes are not present.

MS Martin Squicciarini June 4, 2003 03:44 PM UTC

Clay, Thanks for the suggestion. Sometimes it takes someone else to look at it. Now I can display blanks.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon