We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

combobox programatically

Hi,
I recently upgraded to the lastest Syncfusion Suite and was trying to use the GridGroupControl (ASP.NET). I need any example that allows me to programatically generate ComboBoxes in certain columns (not known beforehand) based upon the data that is returned. The data has some keys that link to a SQL table that contain codes and descriptions that i need to use in a ComboBox. I have done this with a WinForm control (Syncfusion GridDataBoundGrid control) using the InternalColumns, StyleInfo and a DataTable but cannot seem to find a complete example for the Web version.

Thank you.

3 Replies

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team August 26, 2006 12:16 AM UTC

Hi David,

We are looking into it and will update you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Ramu.K

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team August 29, 2006 12:46 AM UTC

Hi David,

Here is the sample that adds label and combo box according to the values of one of the columns from the grid (we displayed the DropDownList and labels with respect to the values of the ''CategoryID'' )

I have added the combo box and label programmatically using templates please look in the following KB.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=373

In QuerCellStyleInfo event, we decided to show the respected control (label or combo box). We have loaded different values from datatable to combo box with respect to the value from the Grid. (The data''s used here are not relevant and done for sample purpose.).

We used item templates in this sample and let us know if you need the sample using edititemtemplate or any other specifications.

You can download the sample from here:

ProgramaticallyAddingCombobox

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Ramu.K

DA David A. Gonzales August 29, 2006 01:29 PM UTC

Yes,
That helps very much. Thank you so much for the sample.

David.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon