We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Adding nodes to a TreeView from the browser

Hi,

The subject says it all.
I would like the user to be able to add nodes dynamically. The only dynamic adding examples I have seen do this server side.
Ideally, ajax would be involved to provide a richer user experience.

Has anyone done this/got any suggestions on how to do it?

thanks

Tony

4 Replies

BH Bhuvana Syncfusion Team August 28, 2006 11:30 AM UTC

Hi Tony,

By setting ExpandMode property of the TreeViewNode to ServerSideCallback, the server-side Expand event will be triggered via callback, during which the node can be added dynamically.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Bhuvana

TB Tony Butler August 29, 2006 07:02 AM UTC

Hi,

That''s not quite what I mean.
I want the user to be able to add a new node at "runtime". They will navigate a hierarchy (Which yes, is loaded on demand via ajax callbacks) to the appropriate point, and then choose to add a new node, which I want automatically saved back into the data source as well as seeing it on screen.
Ideally, this adding node functionality will be using ajax also.

cheers,

Tony

BH Bhuvana Syncfusion Team September 1, 2006 02:34 PM UTC

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

After 4.3 release, scheduled for next week, we will immediately work on implementing this feature and update you within 3 weeks time.

Regards,
Bhuvana

BH Bhuvana Syncfusion Team October 17, 2006 10:10 AM UTC

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the delayed response.

As you had requested earlier, Treeview can be placed inside CallbackPanel and you can add/remove the nodes using ajax functionality.

You can download it from the following link.

Download

Let us know if you need any assistance.

Regards,
Bhuvana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon