We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems with Autocompletetextbox inside a cell on a gridview

Hi,

We´re experiencing problems in putting a autocompletetextbox control into a gridview cell...

The "dropdown" is being generated much below the cell where the control is...

Do you know what can be causing this problem ? where can we localize the solution for that ? code-behind, .css properties, html, somewhere else ?

Our designer is asking if is there any properties that can be set on the ".css" or within the control to resolve this matter.

Also, he would like to know if the "dropdown" generated on this control is a "div", and, if so, if he can set it properties normally.

Our control (autocomplete) is inside a cell (of a gridview control) that is inside a "AspPanel".

We´re sending you a screenshot.

Thanks in advance.

Marcos

problems with autocomplete inside a gv screenshot.zip

13 Replies

MD Marcos Dalles August 25, 2006 04:11 PM UTC

Please, we´re only waiting for your answer to proceed with our project´s implementation.

We´re using v. 4.2.0.37 of Essential Studio here, along with VS 2005.

Let us know when you have an answer to our questions.

Please, it matter´s kinda urgent.

Thanks in advance,

Marcos

>Hi,

We´re experiencing problems in putting a autocompletetextbox control into a gridview cell...

The "dropdown" is being generated much below the cell where the control is...

Do you know what can be causing this problem ? where can we localize the solution for that ? code-behind, .css properties, html, somewhere else ?

Our designer is asking if is there any properties that can be set on the ".css" or within the control to resolve this matter.

Also, he would like to know if the "dropdown" generated on this control is a "div", and, if so, if he can set it properties normally.

Our control (autocomplete) is inside a cell (of a gridview control) that is inside a "AspPanel".

We´re sending you a screenshot.

Thanks in advance.

Marcos

problems with autocomplete inside a gv screenshot.zip

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team August 25, 2006 08:02 PM UTC

Hi Macros,

This forum was unnoticed by our web form tools team, because of this forum has been placed in the Windows forms tools section. We will look in to it and will update you as soon as possible.

Regards,
A.Sivakumar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 28, 2006 02:03 PM UTC

Hi Macros,

Attached a sample for AutoComlpeteTextBox with GridView that works as you require. In the sample, i have included data for only StateName starting with ''A''.

AutoCompleteSample.zip

We couldn''t reproduce the issue you have reported. Could you please send us a sample.

Thanks
Sharmila

MD Marcos Dalles August 28, 2006 02:09 PM UTC

Sivakumar,

We´re just waiting the answer from your technician to proceed with our application implementation.

Please, there goes almost a week without a solution to that matter...we´ll thank you if you could be a little bit faster.

Thanks again,

Marcos

MD Marcos Dalles August 28, 2006 03:14 PM UTC

Sivakumar,

Sorry for the post above, I was just posting when I noticed that were already a response from yours.

Well, this solution you sent us couldn´t resolve our problem yet. I´ll try to explain better our situation here :

1st of all, we have a aspx that is formed by some webusercontrols, one of which is the control that provide us a gridview with some attributes the user will set on another part of the system.

That gridview (inside a webcontrol that is located on the lower part of the screen) contains three controls inside a "templatefield" tag, that will be set to visible if the attribute type being listed (databounded) on is of that type : if the attribute is of "text" type, it will make the textbox visible. Otherwise, if is of "multiple" type, it will make the dropdown visible, or if the attribute is of "multiple autocomplete" type, it´ll make the "autocompletetextbox" visible. Sure that the other controls inside the tag will be visible=false.

Ok. So, when we have listed our attributes, we have a autocompletetextbox correctly. But, when we start typing characters inside of it, the "dropdown" shows much below it had to be. Our designer here believes it can be a problem of "div" layout. We believe that can be true, because we had already seen that kind of problem.
This can be simply corrected changing the .css, or "template" fields inside the autocomplete...

But we are not sure. So we kindly ask again for your help, explaining us how this control works internally; if the "dropdown" there is a "div" and what can be doing to correct this, in that case.

We couldn´t make another sample, just because we´re in a hurry here and it would take much time. But you can refer to the example we sent before to visualize the problem.

Thanks again !

Marcos Dalles

PG Pradeep G Syncfusion Team August 29, 2006 02:32 AM UTC

Hi Marcos,

I was trying to reproduce the issue of what you said on previous mails but i was unable to get back this problem.

Soon, i get back to this problem as early as possible.

I understand your seriousness of your project application.

Our team will address this problem and get back to you soon.

Thanks once again for using our product.

Thanks,
G.Pradeep.

MD Marcos Dalles August 29, 2006 12:30 PM UTC

Hi, G.Pradeep.

We are just waiting. Please keep us updated if there is any progress.

Thanks.

Marcos

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 30, 2006 12:59 AM UTC

Hi Marcus,

I have attached a sample webapplication contains a webusercontrol.The WebUserControl contains a DIV inside which, it has GridView and AutoCompleteBox.

I even made a separate AutoCompleteBox that might help to compare the two Autocompleteboxes with your issues mentioned.

Would you kindly add your code in this sample and send back to me,so that i can spot out your difficulty in time and make your project application go.

Kindly take few time in adding in this sample and update to us.

If and all you feel else, please let us know that.Your feedback is more valuable to us.

ACGridView

Thanks,
G.Pradeep.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 31, 2006 12:26 AM UTC

Hi Marcos,

Would you kindly create an Incident for this issue?.

It would help us to serve you in future.

Thanks,
G.Pradeep.

MD Marcos Dalles August 31, 2006 02:10 PM UTC

Hi G.Pradeep.

We´re just trying the sample you kindly sent us. Thanks.

When we had tried it, we´ll update you on the results.

How can I create an incident there ? tell me, and surely I´ll do.

Thanks again

Marcos

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 31, 2006 09:19 PM UTC

Hi,

If you bought our product in past,then you may be having the Direct-Trac User Id and Password.

Please refer this link,

Direct Trac Customer''s Login

Log on into the above page and create your own incident and that will reach us in time.

If any query arises in future regarding in our tool, please kindly follow these steps.

Thanks,
G.Pradeep.

SA Sandeep April 14, 2016 11:01 AM UTC

Please upload this again. sample is not downloaded.

DR Dhinesh Ravi Syncfusion Team April 15, 2016 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for the update.

Could you please confirm the following details of the sample.

1.       Whether the sample needs to be created ASP.NET or ASP.NET (Classic) platform?

2.       Provided the Essential Studio release version, on which the sample needs to be created.

3.       In the sample, whether you need, web user control which contains Grid View and autocomplete as child control of it ?  

The information you provide, will be much more helpful to analyze and help you with the prompt solution.

Regards,

Dhinesh R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon