We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DocIO Template?

Hello, I have a word document (that has been used for years by my company), using the SoftArtisans product we used to use (and still do) I would simple put in "placeholders" in the places I wanted variables to go.

I want to migrate to the DOCIO component (I do own the full syncfusion suite), does DOCIO offer similiar functionality where I can just call the template that has the variable names in it and assign values to the variables and stream it to the user in ASP.net?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 24, 2006 04:29 PM UTC

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for considering Essential DocIO.

Yes, we do have the functionality for assign the values [ Replacement text ] to the variable [ Placeholder text in document ] in template document and streaming it into the browser using ASP.NET application. I have created a small sample to demonstrate this functionality. Please take a look for the attached sample and let me know if it meets your requirement.

Best regards,
Prabhu.

FR_WithTemplate.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 01:35 AM UTC

that sample works well for replacing a placeholder with a string.

Is it possible to replace a placeholder with table? or a image?

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 01:45 PM UTC

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.

Currently we do not have support inserting paragraph elements like tables and images. However, we do have plans of implementing this feature in the future. We already have a feature request with respect to this. You can track the status of this feature from the following url.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/docio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1028

Please take a look into it and let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Dhivya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon