We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Drag and drop in GridGroupingControl in ASP.NET

Hi,

Is there any sample showing drap and drop behavior in a GGC? The desired behaviour is:

I have 2 GGCs on my form and I want to drap and drop rows from one grid to another at the desired location.

Thanks,
Dheeraj

16 Replies

DH Dheeraj August 23, 2006 09:31 AM UTC

Note that this desired behaviour is required for GGC in ASP.Net

Thanks,
Dheeraj

>Hi,

Is there any sample showing drap and drop behavior in a GGC? The desired behaviour is:

I have 2 GGCs on my form and I want to drap and drop rows from one grid to another at the desired location.

Thanks,
Dheeraj

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team August 23, 2006 04:07 PM UTC

Hi Dheeraj,

We don''t currently support dragging and dropping a row directly, and We are planning for a sample to acheive the behavior.

We decided to acheive this accoring to the below procedure, let me know if this is fine.

one grid will have a Custom imagecontrol(say ''DragImageControl'') in one of the column as a template, and

user will be able to drag this Imagecontrol to another grid which is inside the panel(might be
another custom control specific for this sample we are analysing reg this).

when the ''DragImageControl'' is dropped a ''Dropped'' event will trigger on the server side . we will get the details of the dragged row and will add this as a new row in the grid inside panel, the dragged image will be hidden and will not be shown in the grid where we dragged and added the new record.

Hope the above description explains you on what we are trying.

Let me know if you are fine with the above.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

DH Dheeraj August 24, 2006 07:00 AM UTC

Hi A. Sivakumar,

I just wanted to inform you that I am having Syncfusion assembly version 4.201.0.37

On the procedure you have given:

1. Are you adding a separate column with the image control to the GGC?
2. You will be giving 2 GGCs, one having the image control hidden and other showing it, right? User will drag the image control from the GGC showing it and drop it onto the GGC that is hiding it. Let me know if this is what you meant?

Overall I feel this is ok (though not ideal) I can comment on it only after I see the sample.

Also please see the compatibility with version 4.201.0.37, the sample should work with this version.

Thanks,
Dheeraj

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team August 24, 2006 05:38 PM UTC

Hi Dheeraj,

Thanks for the information. We will provide you the sample in 4.2.0.37 version.

1) yes, We are adding a seperate column for image

2) yes, you are almost right. to be clear we planned to drop the dragged image to the grid irrespective of any rows and this will add as a new row to the grid , let me know if you want this row replacing some other existing row or some other behavior in particular.

We need some time to create a sample because of we are planning to create a custom control with drag drop support for image with some features. hope I can send you a sample by next wednesday.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar.

DH Dheeraj August 25, 2006 05:54 AM UTC

Hi A.Sivakumar,

Answer for 2> No, the rows are to be dropped at a certain position only! e.g. in between existing two rows. Also there is no replacement of rows.

Typically the situation would be:
1. To drag new rows in between existing rows,
2. To move and re-arrange existing rows within the GGC (on which you would handle the drop event) and
3. To remove previous existing rows from the GGC.

You may keep the image control visible on either grid to achieve this behavior.

Thanks,
Dheeraj

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team August 25, 2006 09:13 PM UTC

Hi Dheeraj,

We will review the support for implementing this in a sample with our current implementation and will update you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team August 29, 2006 12:46 AM UTC

Hi Dheeraj,

We reviewed the support and it seems to be possible only. We hope to send you a sample by this thursday.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team August 31, 2006 10:47 PM UTC

Hi Dheeraj,

Sorry for the delay in posting the sample. We need two more days to finish the sample. We will try to post the sample on or before Monday noon.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
A.Sivakumar

DH Dheeraj September 5, 2006 10:37 AM UTC

Hi,

Any updates? We are waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Dheeraj

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team September 5, 2006 08:40 PM UTC

Hi Dheeraj,

We was little busy because of our with our 4.3 release and also due to some unexpected reasons, we couldn''t able to complete it yet .

We need another two more days to work on it. and Hope I can send you an update before this friday.

Kindly accept my apology and sorry for the delay

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team September 11, 2006 02:26 AM UTC

Hi Dheeraj,

Kindly accept my apology for the delay. We are working on this with very high priority and will surely update you at the earliest.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience.

Regards,
A.Sivakumar

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team September 12, 2006 04:11 AM UTC

Hi Dheeraj,

We have almost done with the sample for the drag and drop of rows with the following specifications:

2. To move and re-arrange existing rows within the GGC
3. Changing the entire grids rows at client and saving them by clicking on a button, also shown the AutoPostback on dropping a row

The sample uses our DragDropManager which has a lot of modifications in the upcoming release of 4.3.

So, it would be great if you can get the 4.3 beta from our site , for the sample to run.

Here is the link of the latest setup from Syncfusion,

http://www2.syncfusion.com/installs/v4.3.0.16/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe

I will update you with a sample in another few hours.Hope not more than 2 hrs.

Our Sales person will soon update you with the Unlock key.

Thanks for your patience

Regards,
A.Sivakumar

DH Dheeraj September 12, 2006 05:12 AM UTC

Hi A. Sivakumar,

We never talked before on using the next version for the said functionality. In fact I had already said that we are using a version 4.2

The thing is we have already purchased 4.2 and now you want us to use the 4.3 Trial version, it may probably have a lot of impact.

I would appreciate if you could tell us how to do the said functionality in 4.2 itself. Or let us know it it can not be done in 4.2

Thanks,
Dheeraj

SI Sivakumar Syncfusion Team September 12, 2006 05:36 AM UTC

Hi Dheeraj,

Thanks for the information, Could you please create a Direct-Trac Incident for this issue?.

I will modify the above said sample to work with
4.2 version and will follow up with you in that Incident.

Thanks,
A.Sivakumar

RA Ramesh March 15, 2007 09:46 AM UTC

Hi ShivaKumar,

Can you tell me which example shows the above feature in Syncfusion Samples? Can you give me path in those samples?
I am using Syncfusion version: 4.4.0.51

Regards,
Ramesh T

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team March 16, 2007 12:32 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

Attached is the sample as we already described in this thread along with the documentation. It has the following specification.

2. To move and re-arrange existing rows within the GGC
3. Changing the entire grids rows at client and saving them by clicking on a button, also shown the AutoPostback on dropping a row

DragDropRows_Forum48235.zip

Kindly take a look at our sample.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon