We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XML./HTML/PDF saveas

Hi, First of all great product. I just brought your Enterprise Edition. The XLSIO makes it really easy to power through XLS files.

Ok, not the hard part. How can I get it to save my new Excel file as HTML, PDF, and XML in code?

Also, I tried the workbook.SaveAsXml(stream, ExcelXmlSaveType.MSExcel), but got the following exception:
System.ApplicationException was unhandled
Message="Cell dosn''t contain value"
Source="Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base"
StackTrace:
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.XmlSerialization.WorkbookXmlSerializator.GetCellTypeValue(CellRecordCollection cells, Int32 iIndex, XmlSerializationCellType& type)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.XmlSerialization.WorkbookXmlSerializator.SerializeData(XmlWriter writer, CellRecordCollection cells, Int32 iIndex)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.XmlSerialization.WorkbookXmlSerializator.SerializeCell(XmlWriter writer, WorksheetImpl sheet, Int32 iRowIndex)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.XmlSerialization.WorkbookXmlSerializator.SerializeRows(XmlWriter writer, WorksheetImpl sheet)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.XmlSerialization.WorkbookXmlSerializator.SerializeTable(XmlWriter writer, WorksheetImpl sheet)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.XmlSerialization.WorkbookXmlSerializator.SerializeWorksheet(XmlWriter writer, WorksheetImpl sheet)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.XmlSerialization.WorkbookXmlSerializator.SerializeWorksheets(XmlWriter writer, IWorksheets worksheets)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.XmlSerialization.WorkbookXmlSerializator.SerializeWorkbook(XmlWriter writer, IWorkbook book)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.XmlSerialization.WorkbookXmlSerializator.Serialize(XmlWriter writer, IWorkbook book)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.SaveAsXml(XmlWriter writer, ExcelXmlSaveType saveType)
at Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.WorkbookImpl.SaveAsXml(Stream stream, ExcelXmlSaveType saveType)
at hdcReportGenerator.HCRISReport.GenerateReport() in C:\Documents and Settings\dgodwin\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\hdcReportGenerator\hdcReportGenerator\HCRISReport.cs:line 62
at hdcReportGenerator.ReportGenerator.ProcessReport(Int32 rpt_num) in C:\Documents and Settings\dgodwin\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\hdcReportGenerator\hdcReportGenerator\ReportGenerator.cs:line 48
at hdcReportGenerator.Form1.btnProcess_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\dgodwin\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\hdcReportGenerator\hdcReportGenerator\Form1.cs:line 29
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at hdcReportGenerator.Program.Main() in C:\Documents and Settings\dgodwin\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\hdcReportGenerator\hdcReportGenerator\Program.cs:line 17
at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

5 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 23, 2006 01:19 PM UTC

i David,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential XlsIO.

1. I was not able to reproduce the problem while saving Excel file as XML. Here is the sample that I used for testing.

XML.zip

Please take a look at the sample above and let me know if you have any other questions.

2. Currently we do not provide support for Excel to PDF but it would be made available in a service pack release in about 2-3 weeks time frame. I will send you an update as soon as it is available

3. Regarding Excel to HTML, Currently it is not possible to convert Excel file to HTML.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Melba

DA David August 23, 2006 02:56 PM UTC

Hey Melba,

On crash - I will submit the file that is crashing via your ticket system tonight.

On PDF - is that a pretty solid release date? :)

On HTML - Once it is into PDF, can I save it to HTML from the PDF class?

I noticed in the Save as XML method the potential save types include another format besides Excel based XML (LDC I think?) - is there no way for me to use that stream to send it to your PDF product to do the conversion?

>i David,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential XlsIO.

1. I was not able to reproduce the problem while saving Excel file as XML. Here is the sample that I used for testing.

XML.zip

Please take a look at the sample above and let me know if you have any other questions.

2. Currently we do not provide support for Excel to PDF but it would be made available in a service pack release in about 2-3 weeks time frame. I will send you an update as soon as it is available

3. Regarding Excel to HTML, Currently it is not possible to convert Excel file to HTML.

Regards,
Melba

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 28, 2006 11:32 AM UTC

Hi David,

1) Excel to PDF functionality has been implemented internally and I can provide you with a preview version now. Can you please create a Direct-Trac incident regarding this so that I can provide you with a preview version? The conversion of Excel to PDF would take place in the following stages:

a) XlsIO reads the spreadsheet and serializes to an XML format.

workbook.SaveAsXml( "Sample.xml", ExcelXmlSaveType.DLS );

b) Its will be read by Essential PDF which produces the PDF file.

pdflDoc.OpenXml("Sample.xml");

2) On HTML - Currently it is not possible to save to HTML from the PDF class. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Melba

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 9, 2006 12:45 AM UTC

Is the save to PDF functions noe available in the lastest Sept 19 release?

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team October 9, 2006 10:48 AM UTC

Hi,

Excel To PDF functionality is not included as a part of 4.3 Release and it will be available only with 4.4 release. However we can provide with a preview of this functionality. Can you please create a Direct-Trac incident regarding this so that I can provide you with a preview version?

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon