We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Issues with docking (dockingManager and tabbedMDIManager)

Hi,

I work for a software development company and we are trying the SyncFusion Componentes (version 4.2.0.60) with .Net (Visual Basic 2003 Standard, .Net framework 1.1) and we''re having some
problems with the docking components.

We made a sample using the SyncFusion tools to show to our superiors and customers, and all works fine in the development machines(that have the syncFusion components installed), but we''re having problems when we deploy to others machines.

The software have two forms. The main form is a MDIContainer and have a dockingManager control (to dock the other controls, basically a panel with some controls) and a tabbedMDIManager. In this form when we click in the "open new child form" the software opens a new form (the second one, that have a dockingManager control) in the tabbed control.

The problem is, when we deploy the software (with all dll files), in other macines, after open a child form and close it, when we try to open a new child form it''s simple don''t shows. We had noticied that the form is created (the memory allocated to the software increases). Also we had noticied that if we remove the dockingManager control of the child form, this issue don''t occurs.

We tried others components that have some of the functions that the syncFusion''s components have, and we came with the conclusion that the syncFusion''s components are the betters, but we can''t acquire the license until we show the sample software functioning perfectly in environments others then the delevopment''s one. So I ask for a solution to this issue, as fast as possible, because we already rechead our deadline.

Thanks in advance.

tabbedMDI2.zip

8 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team August 21, 2006 07:15 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. we were not able to reproduce the issue here with the given sample. We need more details regarding the issue to investigate further.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

LO Lucas Oliveira August 21, 2006 07:46 PM UTC

Hi,

To simulate the problem you must:

1) Copy the binary from the project with the syncfusion''s libraries to a machine that don''t have any syncFusion library installed.
2) Run the application
3) Click in the "open new child form"''s button, in the main window
4) Close the childs windows.
5) Click, again, in the "open new child form"''s button.

We made this steps in machines with Windows XP SP2 and Windows 2003 installed and they had the same behavior.
Although no new windows are shown, no exception is thrown and the memory is allocated.

Thanks again.

LO Lucas Oliveira August 22, 2006 05:34 PM UTC

Hi,

Any news? Are you able to reproduce the problems with the steps that I gave?

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team August 22, 2006 09:17 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We were not able to reproduce the issue here. Herewith I have attached the video clips of the sample.

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

Video

LO Lucas Oliveira August 23, 2006 07:38 PM UTC

Hi Murugan,

Thanks again for your reply.
We still are having problems deploying our application.
To be more precisely we''re using the Installshield express 5.0 to deploy our application and the syncfusion libraries. I copies the execultable file with the libraries to the user selected folder.
What we need to know is what is necessary to deploy an application that uses syncFusion libraries?

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team August 23, 2006 07:59 PM UTC

Hi,

Please copy Sync dll into GAC and run the application. Please let me know the results.

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

LO Lucas Oliveira August 24, 2006 02:08 PM UTC

Hi Murugan,

We solved this problem using the service pack 1 for .Net Framework. After the installation of the service pack our application started the work properly.

Thanks for the attention.

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team August 24, 2006 08:57 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your update. May I close the incident 27659 since the issue has been resolved.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon