We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error while adding new controls

Hi,

This is Kesav. I posted the same question and I got following reply.
-------------------------------------
Hi Kesav,

Please try the following Migration utilities shipped with the Syncfusion installation.

Start --> All Porgrams --> Syncfusion --> Essential Studio 4.2.0.37 --> Utilities --> Migration --> Convert Resx(Framework 2.0)

Please try this utility and let us know if this helps.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Regards,
Nanda
-------------
I did this, eventhough the problem has not been solved. Still I am getting the same problem.

I think the problem related to Syncfusion Grid.
(Please have a look into the following exception)
------------------------------
Error 1 The "GenerateResource" task failed unexpectedly.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Type in the data at line 342, position 5, cannot be loaded because it threw the following exception during construction: Object must implement IConvertible. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Type in the data at line 342, position 5, cannot be loaded because it threw the following exception during construction: Object must implement IConvertible. Line 342, position 5. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Object must implement IConvertible.
at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterConverter.Convert(Object value, Type type)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo.GetValue(String name, Type type)
at Syncfusion.Collections.SFTable..ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridRowCollection..ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Build.Shared.ExceptionHandling.RethrowUnlessFileIO(Exception e)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ProcessResourceFiles.ProcessFile(String inFile, String outFile)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ProcessResourceFiles.Run(TaskLoggingHelper log, ITaskItem[] assemblyFilesList, ArrayList inputs, ArrayList outputs, Boolean sourcePath, String language, String namespacename, String filename, String classname, Boolean publicClass)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.GenerateResource.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteTask(ExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Hashtable projectItemsAvailableToTask, BuildPropertyGroup projectPropertiesAvailableToTask, Boolean& taskClassWasFound) Client

Please provide a solution.

Thanks and Regards
-Kesav

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 21, 2006 11:17 AM UTC

Hi Kesav,

The recommended solution is to remove the older version ( 2.x/3.x ). So, please uninstall the older version and check for any reference files in the GAC folder ( C:\WINDOWS\assembly ) for the version 2.1.0.9 and delete them. Then upgrade to the new version ( 4.2.0.37 ).

Please try these steps and see if it helps.

- First change the reference in the project to 4.x files
- and then try converting using the Syncfusion .resx utility

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon