We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridFindReplaceDialogSink

Hi,

I have implementated Ctl + F functionality in GridControl using GridFindReplaceDialogSink dialog class. Once I do the Ctrl + F the find dialog window is poping up as dialog. But if I move to some other application like Word,Excel..etc..The find window still popping up on these application also.

Even after setting like findDialog.ShowDialog(this.Parent); the problem exists...

Pls reply me ASAP.

Thanks
Ravi

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2006 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Ravi,

Before calling the ShowDialog() method, you need to set the TopMost property of findDialog to false. Please find the code snippet below.

findDialog.TopMost = false;
findDialog.ShowDialog(this.Parent);

Let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2006 12:21 PM UTC

Thanks a lot Haneef...It works fine..

>Hi Ravi,

Before calling the ShowDialog() method, you need to set the TopMost property of findDialog to false. Please find the code snippet below.

Thanks,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2006 04:10 PM UTC

Hi

One more requirement...

I want to retain the settings I made in the previous instance of Find Dialog box like Check box options for Match case,Match whole cell) and of course the previous text entered in the combotext box.

Kind of functionlaity MS-Word has ;-)

Regards,
Ravi

>Thanks a lot Haneef...It works fine..

>Hi Ravi,

Thanks,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 18, 2006 07:02 AM UTC

Hi Ravi,

I have created the sample as per your requirement. Please refer to the attached sample and let me know if you are trying something different.

Here is a sample.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/gridFindDialog_c3f50192.zip

Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 18, 2006 11:10 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

The same code didnt work for me....

>Hi Ravi,

I have created the sample as per your requirement. Please refer to the attached sample and let me know if you are trying something different.

Here is a sample.

Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 18, 2006 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Ravi,

We tried to reproduce this issue in 4.2 with .Net 1.1/2.0 + Windows XP sp2, but could not get this issue. Maybe I am not following the steps that you are doing. Attached sample working fine here. Can you post a small sample showing this problem or tell us how to see it in the Attached sample?

Here is a sample.

Please let me know the version number of Studio you are testing this with and the .Net version.

Thanks for your patience.
Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 18, 2006 11:50 AM UTC

Hi,

I am using Windows XP/SP2 and .NET 1.1. But the version of Syncfusion suite is 2.0.5.1.

Cheers
Ravi

>Hi Ravi,

We tried to reproduce this issue in 4.2 with .Net 1.1/2.0 + Windows XP sp2, but could not get this issue. Maybe I am not following the steps that you are doing. Attached sample working fine here. Can you post a small sample showing this problem or tell us how to see it in the Attached sample?

Here is a sample.

Please let me know the version number of Studio you are testing this with and the .Net version.

Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 21, 2006 08:44 AM UTC

Hi Ravi,

We couldn''t guess what might be causing this. We tried to see whether any customers reported this in our internal incidents/forum record. We couldn''t see anything related to this. Please try in the latest V4.2 to see if that avoids it. If you could provide more information, we could debug it here.

Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon