We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

RTF support

Does DocIO support RTF format as well?

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2006 12:42 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.

Currently it is not possible to import/export RTF documents by Essential DocIO. We do not have any immediate plan for implementing this feature in near future. However we do have plan for implement this feature. I will get back to you once this feature has implemented.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Prabhu.

IM IT Manager August 17, 2006 09:26 PM UTC

What if we simply want to merge two documents that are in rtf format? We do not want to import or export them, but just merge them together.

>Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.

Currently it is not possible to import/export RTF documents by Essential DocIO. We do not have any immediate plan for implementing this feature in near future. However we do have plan for implement this feature. I will get back to you once this feature has implemented.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Prabhu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2006 10:34 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Currently, we do not have a support to open/save the RTF file format documents. However it is possible to merge two or more documents together a single document. I have created a small sample to illustrate this feature. Please take a look at the attached sample and let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Prabhu.

Merge_Documents.zip

IM IT Manager August 17, 2006 11:09 PM UTC

Thanks - we will look into this.

IM IT Manager August 18, 2006 06:08 PM UTC

We tried your sample with an rtf file and got the following error when trying to merge documents:

“Cannot open storage. File Name is: .........”

It works with Word documents.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 21, 2006 08:36 PM UTC

Hi,

Currently we do have support to open only *.doc [Word document] and *.xml [DLS schema] files. If we tried to open some other files, it will throw “Cannot open storage. File Name is : ................” exception.

Please let me know if you need any other assist.

Thanks,
Prabhu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon