We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

scaling images doesn''t work with XlsIO

Hi,

I''m trying to rescale an image so that it fits the height or the width of the cell. After adding the image to the sheet I call the IShape.Scale method to do the job. In the debugger the width and height properties have the correct values but when I open the file in Excel the size is allways smaller.
E.g. a width of 102 in .Net turns to 76.5 in Excel.

5 Replies

HA Hartmut August 15, 2006 06:09 PM UTC

PS:
I''m using the trial version for evaluation. Everything else works great.

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 16, 2006 02:24 PM UTC

Hi Hartmut,

We are looking into this issue. I will update you regarding this issue as soon as possible.

Regards,
Melba

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 17, 2006 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Hartmut,

I was able to reproduce the problem that you have mentioned. But for some images only it is not working. For remaining images it works fine. Could you please provide the image file that you used for testing so that I can consult with the development team regarding this issue?

Here is the sample that I used for testing:
Picture_Scale.zip

Please take a look at the sample above and let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Melba

HA Hartmut August 24, 2006 03:45 PM UTC

Hello Melba,

thank you for the sample. I have extended it so that it takes every image in the ''data'' directory and scales it to w=150 and h=100. In fact I couldn''t find any picture where it works correct.
After a closer inspection of the reults, it seems that all the pictures are only 75% the size they sould be. The sample-application now uses a template file wich contains a macro ''ImageSize'' to display the actual width and height of the selected picture.
I hope this sample shows exactly what my problem is.

kind regards
Hartmut

Picture_Scale.zip

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 25, 2006 01:29 PM UTC

Hi Hartmut,

Thank you for the sample. I was able to reproduce the issue. I have created a bug report regarding this issue; you can track the status of this issue from the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/xlsio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2033

We will try to address this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon