We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridDataBoundGrid + Treeview in a combobox

Hello,

I´m searching around for a while now but haven´t found a sample which is appropriate for my needs.

I have a databound grid and I want to show a treeview control embedded in a combobox.

The only sample I have found by now is that I can show a treeview directly in a cell of a databound grid.

Is it basically possible to combine a combobox with a treeview in it in a cell of a databound grid.

Thank you very much for any samples.

Karsten

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 15, 2006 11:41 PM UTC

We ship a sample that shows a dropdown usercontrol in a cell. You could put a Treeview in a usercontrol and then drop it as in this sample. Here is that sample modified to show a GridDataBoundGrid with a column of Dropdowms that have a TreeView in them.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/CS_663b5a4.zip

KB Karsten Brocksieper August 16, 2006 07:42 PM UTC

Hi Clay,

... thank you very much for your efforts. This is exactly what I was searching for.

Karsten

KB Karsten Brocksieper August 17, 2006 08:40 AM UTC

Hi Clay,

... with the help of your sample I have done it so far.

Please, one more question.

I show the treeview in the following way:

'' Show Folder in Treeview of DropDown
Me.grddbKSTZuordnung.Model.CellModels.Add("DropDownUserControl", New DropDownUserCellModel(Me.grddbKSTZuordnung.Model, New DropDownUser()))
Me.grddbKSTZuordnung.Binder.InternalColumns("Outlook_Ordner").StyleInfo.CellType = "DropDownUserControl"

Everything works fine until I have to reload my data in the grid because I have made changes in the underlying dataset.

Can you tell how I can determine if I have already add the "DropDownUserControl" to the grid because if I run the above mentioned code twice I will get an error.

Thanks again for your help.

Karsten

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2006 11:10 AM UTC

Hi Karsten,

Please try this code

If Me.grddbKSTZuordnung.Model.CellModels.ContainsKey("DropDownUserControl") Then
Console.WriteLine("DropDownUserControl model presents in a grid")
Else
Console.WriteLine("DropDownUserControl does not present in a grid")
EndIf

Thanks,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon