We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

using Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.HTMLUI;

Why am I not finding this assembly in the demo version of the software I downloaded on 8/9/2006. It does not show in my add a reference browse neither on 2005 VS. I can add a reference to Syncfusion.windows.forms, but the code will not find HTMLUIControl

using Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.HTMLUI;

9 Replies

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team August 15, 2006 04:42 PM UTC

Hi Bob,

Could you please let me know if you are able to find the Syncfusion.HTMLUI.Windows assembly in the following folders?

Precompiled assemblies folder:
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.2.0.37\precompiledassemblies\4.2.0.37\2.0

Public assemblies folder:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies

GAC:
C:\Windows\Assembly

Please copy the assembly from the precompiled assemblies folder to the public assemblies folder and drag and drop it from the public assemblies folder in to the GAC.

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thank you,
Nanda

AG Anthony Griggs April 26, 2022 02:22 PM UTC

Having the same issue with VS 2022 .Net 6 on Windows 10. No HTMLUI control to be found. The above Syncfusion Directory does not exist either?

GT Gokul Thanudhas Syncfusion Team April 27, 2022 03:35 PM UTC

Hi Anthony,

As HTML UI is a classic control it cannot be found in toolbox, and we have unlisted the package in the nuget.org (NuGet Gallery | Syncfusion.HTMLUI.windows 20.1.0.51).

You can use the HTMLUI control by referencing the assemblies in the below location and adding codes in the code behind

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Windows\20.1.0.47\Windows\20.1.0.47\precompiledassemblies

Regards,

Gokul T

MH Michael Hachen June 12, 2023 06:48 AM UTC

Hi Gokul

Can you give a reason why this package is no longer listed? Is it depricated? Is it no longer under development? If so, what is the alternative?

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Mike

RS Raghavendra Sudhakar Syncfusion Team June 13, 2023 02:16 PM UTC

Hi Michael Hachen,

HtmlUI supports only basic elements, And we don’t have any plans to improve it since WebView exists as a better alternative.

Regards,

Raghavendra S

MH Michael Hachen June 13, 2023 02:49 PM UTC

Hi Raghavendra S

You mean  Introduction to Microsoft Edge WebView2 - Microsoft Edge Development | Microsoft Learn? Unfortunately this doesn't work with .NET Framework 4.0... 

Regards,

Michael

RS Raghavendra Sudhakar Syncfusion Team June 15, 2023 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Michael Hachen,

We suggest using the WebBrowser class, as it is compatible with the .NET Framework 4.0.

WebBrowser Class link: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.windows.forms.webbrowser?redirectedfrom=MSDN&view=windowsdesktop-7.0

Regards,

Raghavendra S

MH Michael Hachen June 16, 2023 04:06 AM UTC

Hi  Raghavendra

Yes, but this control is based on IE9 - so it is quite useless for html5 etc.

However, it is a pity that the control is not developed further.

Regards,

Michael

RS Raghavendra Sudhakar Syncfusion Team June 20, 2023 03:30 PM UTC

Hi Michael Hachen,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, as already said, currently we do not have any plans to improve HTMLUI control.

However, as a workaround, you can convert HTML to PDF and render it using pdf viewer.

Converting HTML to PDF | Syncfusion

Getting Started with WPF Pdf Viewer control | Syncfusion

Regards,

Raghavendra S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon