We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DragDrop of diagram

I have a tree view with custom nodes that have a diagram as a property. I am using this as a template of sorts. I am able to drag this template onto an open diagram but have ran into a couple of issues that I would like some input on. I treid doing a copy/paste to a specific location but the links are getting linked or not to the wrong ports when the pasted nodes are moved to the new location. I have a version mostly working. I go through all the nodes and links and clone/copy them to the correct location on the diagram and try to link them correctly. I was using getportat to find ports but If two ports are close togethor the code may get the wrong port. Has anyone faced this situation of trying to drag/drop a diagram onto a different diagram? If not any input on how to handle this would be appreciated.

Truman

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2006 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Truman,

Thank you for your informations.

But I was not able to get your points in clear.Could you please elaborate the issue with some more details or if possible please post us a sample that reproduces the issue so that we can have a closer look into the issue to get it resolved at the earliest?. Also, please try if it is possible to reproduce the issue in any of the Diagram samples.

Thank you for your continued support to Syncfusion products.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

TL Truman Lackey August 15, 2006 08:03 PM UTC

I am mainly looking for input on how this could be implemented differently. I really can not provide an example without providing the entire application and that is not feasible at this time. What I am doing is loading a treeview with nodes that have diagrams attached to them. These diagram templates can be dragged onto an open diagram. What I am trying to determine is the best and fastest as in speed way to do this. I use getportat to try to find the correct port to attach links with, but if the diagram already has a port in proximity to the port I am actually looking for it will somethimes return it, which is actually my problem in the way I implemented my code. I guess a way of thinking about this would be to do a diagram import into an already open diagram at a given point. Anyone have any thougts on this?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 18, 2006 04:11 AM UTC

Hi Truman,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I have attached a sample with this post.In this sample a new DiagramForm appears as we dragdrop a treenode over the diagram of MainForm.You can add nodes to the child forms and create links between the nodes.Also, I was able to copy /paste the connected symbols with links being created between appropriate ports correctly.Kindly,refer the sample.

If I am wrong in getting your requirement could you please let me know about it.If possible please alter the sample to reproduce the issue your are facing with.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

DropDiagram.zip

TL Truman Lackey August 19, 2006 12:07 AM UTC

Shows a diagram being dropped onto another diagram from a treenode. Using copy/paste show links getting drawn wrong on move of the diagram to its new paste location. test.edd is diagram being dropped. It is also located in the bin/debug folder. Using 4.1.0.62.

DropDiagram0.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 22, 2006 01:51 PM UTC

Hi Truman,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I was able to reproduce the condition you have mentioned here.We have logged a QA Report of ID #475 in regard to this issue.You can check the status of the report using our Web Based Tracking System - http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/diagram/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=475.Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon