We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

I get an exception : Value does not fall within the expected range

Hello,

I get an exception : "Value does not fall within the expected range ":

syncfusion.windows.forms.Grid.GrifRangeInfo.Ctor(Int32 top,Int32 left, Int32 bottom,Int32 right)
at syncfusion.windows.Forms.Grid.GridRangInfo.Internalcells(Int32 top,Int32 left,Int32 bottom,Int32 right) at syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.Initialize()
at syncfusion.windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.DemandInitialize()()
at syncfusion.windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.PointToClientCol(Point pt,Boolean fixBackHidden,GridCellSizeKind sizekind)
at syncfusion.windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.PointToRangeInfo(Point point,Int32 fixOutOfRange)
at syncfusion.windows.Forms.Grid.GridViewLayout.RectangleToRangeInfo(Rectangle rect,Int32 fixoutofrange)
at syncfusion.windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnBeforePaint(EventArgs e)
syncfusion.windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.WndProc(Message& msg)

I would like to know what that error means,

Thanks,

Selly

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2006 06:07 AM UTC

Hi Selly,

Are you referring to another thread when you say you are updating your grid by another process? If so, then you must make sure you only interact with the grid on the thread that created it. Normally, you would do this by placing grid.InvokeRequired checks around any of your code that accesses grid methods.

Here is a kb link with more information on this.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=78

Let us know if you need more information on this issue.

Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon