We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ExcelRW: setting border styles performance

Hi,

I have a problem with the performance of setting cell border styles while using ExcelRW v.2.0.5.1. I''m setting style using the following code:

sheet.Range[1,1,sheet.Rows.Length,sheet.Columns.Length].CellStyle.Borders[ExcelBordersIndex.EdgeBottom].LineStyle = ExcelLineStyle.Thin;

sheet.Range[1,1,sheet.Rows.Length,sheet.Columns.Length].CellStyle.Borders[ExcelBordersIndex.EdgeLeft].LineStyle = ExcelLineStyle.Thin;

sheet.Range[1,1,sheet.Rows.Length,sheet.Columns.Length].CellStyle.Borders[ExcelBordersIndex.EdgeRight].LineStyle = ExcelLineStyle.Thin;

sheet.Range[1,1,sheet.Rows.Length,sheet.Columns.Length].CellStyle.Borders[ExcelBordersIndex.EdgeTop].LineStyle = ExcelLineStyle.Thin;

For a sheet with approx. 1000 rows and 15 cols, just this part of code takes more than 30 secs to execute, which is more than 50% of time consumed by the whole process of creating Excel spreadsheet.

Is there a way to optimize it?

Thanks,
Arek

2 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 10, 2006 02:39 PM UTC

Hi Arek,

We are looking into this issue. I will update you regarding this issue as soon as possible.

Regards,
Melba.

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 17, 2006 05:25 AM UTC

Hi Arek,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I just realized that you are using version 2.0.5.1. We have improved our performance in later versions. Would it be possible to upgrade to later versions since it is likely that this issue has already been addressed?

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon