We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Rendering Quality

Is there some way to improve the rendering quality? Essentially to enable antialiasing. Looking at all the samples, heck even the screen shots, it is extremely ragged along the edges (even discounting for the "programmer art" problem in these demos).

-- David

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 4, 2006 08:09 PM UTC

Hi David,

The Diagram.Model.RenderingStyle.SmoothingMode property will let you improve the rendering quality by setting the desired value to it. This is used to specify whether smoothing (antialiasing) is applied to lines and curves and the edges of filled areas.

Please let me know whether the above information helps you.

Thanks for your continued support to Syncfusion.

Best Regards,
Meera.

DW David Whatley August 4, 2006 08:47 PM UTC

Well that''s certainly the property I was looking for... but setting it AntiAlias nor HighQuality seems to have any impact on the visuals. They are still as "jaggy" as always. Am I missing something?

-- David

DW David Whatley August 5, 2006 05:06 PM UTC

So turns out... if you modify the property in code it works... but if you set it in the properties during design time it doesn''t. Bug?

-- David

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 7, 2006 02:13 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thanks for your patience.

I was not able to reproduce the condition mentioned by you.Please look into the attached screen shots(DefaultRendering.bmp, HighQualityRendering.bmp) where you can find the SmoothingMode property in Properties Window set by me to different values during the design(in Window behind the Run Window).You can also visualize the difference between the Default and HighQuality SmoothingMode in that screen shots.I tried to reproduce this issue in v4.2.0.60(latest version) and v4.2.0.37(older version) .If you are using any of our older versions if possible please try to upgrade to our latest version.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Ramya.

Rendering.zip

DW David Whatley August 8, 2006 04:15 PM UTC

Using .37, and it doesn''t work when I set it via the properties only if I set it via code. Strange. I can work around it, so I''m not worried about it.

-- David

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 9, 2006 05:45 AM UTC

Hi David,

I am happy that you got the issue resolved.However, I didn''t find any difficulty setting Model.RenderingStyle.SmoothingMode Property during the design which I tested in v4.2.0.37.

Thanks for your continued support to Syncfusion.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

MI Michael March 16, 2007 05:29 PM UTC

Ramya,

I came across this older thread. I have to change the settings through code to have any effect. I am running 4.4.0.51.

Michael

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team March 17, 2007 09:34 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

You can use the following code snippet after the InitializeComponent() to Programmatically set the rendering style.

this.diagram1.Model.RenderingStyle.SmoothingMode=System.Drawing.Drawing2D.SmoothingMode.AntiAlias;

I hope this will meet your requirement.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Nagaraj

MI Michael March 23, 2007 12:49 AM UTC

Nagaraj

I am sorry Nagaraj. I was not clear. I meant that I can only change the rendering quality through code. Setting it in design time has no effect.

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team March 23, 2007 06:03 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

I was not able to reproduce the condition that you have mentioned here.

I was able to set the RenderingStyle at design time and view the changes at the output.

Kindly take a look at the attached sample and video file.

You can download the sample and video file from the below given Webpage link,

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Windows/F47473/main.htm

Could you please modify the sample to reproduce the condition that you have mentioned here and send it back to us, so that it would be helpful to us in analyzing the issue?

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon