We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DeviceContext related error in tab control

I am occasionally getting "System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid" at System.Drawing.Graphics.GetHdc() inside the "Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabRendererBase.DrawText(...)" function.

The effect of the above execption is that a red cross appears over the entire tab area of the TabControlAdv. Interesting is that the TabPage is still rendered correctly.

I cannot repeat the problem but I have a tabcontrol where I frequently add and remove pages and tabs (dynamically based on some object type)

Does anyone experience similar problem or perheps such a fix included in 4.2.0.60 (in new service pack)?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 7, 2006 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Zoltan,

I am afraid , I have tested this issue in v4.2.0.60 and was not able to reproduce the problem. I have attached my test sample.

tabtest.zip

Please take a look and let me know if you see the problem in this attached sample or modify this sample to reproduce the issue.

Thanks for your using Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Seetha

GA Gary October 23, 2007 02:47 PM UTC

Hi, I'm seeing this problem too. Did you ever figure out what caused it? It only seems to happen when a user switches tabs or forms very quickly.

>I am occasionally getting "System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid" at System.Drawing.Graphics.GetHdc() inside the "Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TabRendererBase.DrawText(...)" function.

The effect of the above execption is that a red cross appears over the entire tab area of the TabControlAdv. Interesting is that the TabPage is still rendered correctly.

I cannot repeat the problem but I have a tabcontrol where I frequently add and remove pages and tabs (dynamically based on some object type)

Does anyone experience similar problem or perheps such a fix included in 4.2.0.60 (in new service pack)?

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team January 2, 2008 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for the update.

Argument Exception: when user switches tabs or forms very quickly.

We are still not able to reproduce the issue, we tried repeat to switching between the tabs and forms, but not able to reproduce the issue.

Please take a look into the video file for your reference:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F47438/main.htm

Could you please modify the sample or provide your sample to reproduce the issue, so that we can be able to reproduce the issue and investigate further on this issue and could you please provide your system configuration too.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon