We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Quick Test Pro can''t "see" grid elevator

I''m using Quick Test Pro 8.2 to test an Essential Grid 2.0 application. I noticed that scrolling the grid with either the grid elevator or the Page Up/Page Down keys isn''t recorded by QTP.

Furthermore, even if I hand code "Type micPgDwn" in the recorded QTP script, the grid doesn''t move (although the Page Up and Page Down keys and the grid elevator work in the application under test).

If I use QTP''s Object Spy and click on the grid elevator, it merely records a click on the underlying grid object.

Using the Essential Grid 2.0/Quick Test Pro combination, is there a way to record and playback scrolling? Barring that, is there a way to manually code scrolling into the recorded script?

Merrill

1 Reply

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team August 4, 2006 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Merrill,

SetScrollPosition is the function that helps in scrolling the grid.. This is recorded in grid.HScrollBar.ValueChanged and grid.VScrollBar.ValueChanged handlers and the replay is done by setting the grid.VScrollBar.Value and grid.HScrollBar.Value.. I have not tried in 2.0 but that should work the same. Is other functions working good for you? Here are some sample scripts of SetScrollPosition..

SwfWindow("GridControl").SwfObject("gridControl1").SetScrollPosition 4,6
SwfWindow("GridControl").SwfObject("gridControl1").SetCurrentCell 4,14
SwfWindow("GridControl").SwfObject("gridControl1").SetScrollPosition 1,6
SwfWindow("GridControl").SwfObject("gridControl1").SetCurrentCell 1,14

Best regards,
Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon