We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Automated layout and resize

Hi,

I''ve just started working w/ Syncfusion - Diagrams; after looking through the "Browse Knowledgebase" and "Evaluation Center," I have not yet found a solution to my question:

Is it possible to create a diagram and layout (given any number of symbols) so that the diagram can be resized and yet, always displays all the symbols? I.e. the symbols will be also resized accordingly as the diagram itself resizes.

I''ve seen in the online examples two layouts for digram (tree and radiant) but it seems like the type of layout I want is something different. How possible is it to create your own layout? Or is there any feature that would allow you to group symbols together as one "symbol?"

Many thanks!

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 4, 2006 06:03 AM UTC

Hi Hoang,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

If your intention is to create your own layout, then you can achieve this by creating a custom version of the Layout Manager class.You can use the custom Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Layout Manager implementation with your diagram to provide the required node positioning logic for the diagram objects. We have samples that is featured with this application.Kindly, refer the following samples,

1.OrgLayout ( Diagram.Windows\Samples\In Depth\OrgLayout )
2.OrgChart (Diagram.Windows\Samples\Layout Managers\OrgChart)

The OrgChartManager class in the samples is an implementer of the Essential Diagram Layout Manager functionality.We follow a very simple layout management algorithm that calculates the sub-employees associated with each employee and allocates space accordingly. More efficient management strategies may be used for better diagram layout.By this way you can control the layout of the nodes on the Diagram.

As with the other issue "group symbols together as one symbol", you can subclass the Symbol class and create as many nodes as you require which as a whole we call as a single "symbol".For your reference I have created a sample implementing this feature,please look into it.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Praveena.

CustomSymbol0.zip

TH Tien Hoang August 10, 2006 06:36 PM UTC

Hi Praveena,

Thanks to your guidance I''ve mananged to create the layout that I want.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2006 01:20 PM UTC

Hi Hoang,

Thanks for the update.Please do contact us if you have any further queries regarding the issues, we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,
Praveena.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon