We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Differences between code, documentation

On your own site at http://www2.syncfusion.com/library/pdfbase/HeadersAndFooters.html , I''m finding some issues with trying to have a different first page footer for a PDFLogicDocument.

1. IPDFSections don''t seem to have DifferentFirstPage member
2. The call to Add a paragraph should be HeadersFooters.FirstPageFooter.AddParagraph();
3. Nothing I seem to do will display a footer for me on the first page.

I need something so that I can have a footer on all my pages in the document (pages that may have multiple sections on them) as well as a different footer for the first page.

5 Replies

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team August 2, 2006 03:23 PM UTC

Hi Scott,
I was able to reproduce the issue. We are currently working on this. I will send you an update regarding this as soon as possible.
Regards
Dhivya.K

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 2, 2006 06:58 PM UTC

Please do. This is another critical feature for us and so we''ll be waiting.

BT Bhagya T Syncfusion Team August 4, 2006 12:57 PM UTC

Hi Scott,
Sorry for the confusion. This is not an issue; here is the sample code for doing it.

1.Use the following code for setting DifferentFirstPage member:

section.PageSetup.DifferentFirstPage = true;

2.Currently, the distance of the footer should be explicitly set in order to get the footer displayed. Use the following code to set the width of the footer:

section.PageSetup.FooterDistance = 50f;

Here is a sample for your reference:
SectionBreak.zip

Please take a look and let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Bhagya.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 4, 2006 01:37 PM UTC

Does this work for only the first section on a given page? Even if I change "section" to "secondSection" in both the Header / Footer references and FooterDistance lines (moving it later in the code so that it compiles), I don''t see a footer in the resulting PDF.

Regardless we can make this code work for us, just curious. Thank you very much.

BT Bhagya T Syncfusion Team August 7, 2006 02:20 PM UTC

Hi Scott,
Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF.

1.When a different header and footer is to be set for the first page alone, the first section in the page is used for setting them.
2.For subsequent pages, the header and footer should be set for last section of the page.

Thanks,
Bhagya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon