We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ConditionalFormat with CellValue only allowed for numerics

Hello, When using xlsIO v4.2.0.37 in the Windows Forms environment to esatblish conditional formatting for a text comparison, it fails as shown below. It only works if the FirstFornula contains a valid numeric value, also shown for comparison.

conditionalFormat.FormatType = ExcelCFType.CellValue;
conditionalFormat.FirstFormula = "1000"; //OK
conditionalFormat.FirstFormula = "FRED";
An unhandled exception of type ''System.ArgumentException'' occurred in syncfusion.xlsio.base.dllAdditional information: Can''t parse formula: FRED

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 1, 2006 08:32 PM UTC

Hi Spivey,

I am able to reproduce the problem.I have filed a bug report regarding this issue.

Please track the status of this bug through the following link:http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/xlsio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2487

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,
Bharath.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 14, 2009 09:30 PM UTC

I'm using 7.2.0.19 and I'm seeing this problem. Has it been fixed?

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team May 18, 2009 06:17 AM UTC

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

This is not an issue as it expects only Formula to be passed in "FirstFormula" property. In case if a text is expected then it can be given as "\"FRED\"".

The below code works fine:

conditionalFormat.FirstFormula = "\"FRED\"";

//Setting format properties.
conditionalFormat.Operator = ExcelComparisonOperator.Equal;
conditionalFormat.FormatType = ExcelCFType.CellValue;
conditionalFormat.BackColorRGB = Color.FromArgb(238, 122, 3);

Please try using this modified code snippet and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon