We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ColIndex value too large

In our handler for QueryCellInfo e.ColIndex takes on a value of either 162277 or 6250 which is much larger than the number of columns on the grid. Using V1.5.2 of the grid. Here is the sub definition Private Sub GridQueryCellInfo(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridQueryCellInfoEventArgs) Is this a bug?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 28, 2003 06:51 PM UTC

I can't explain why this would happen other than that form some reason a call was triggered to query for a cell at that row. Can you set a breakpoint and find out who triggered the call? Stefan

MS Martin Squicciarini May 29, 2003 11:34 AM UTC

I should have also mentioned that the grid only has 120 columns and 200 rows. I will set a break point and check the call stack to see where it is being called.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 29, 2003 11:38 AM UTC

Are you using multithreads in this application? If so, you need to protect calls into the grid with grid.InvokeRequired checks (or something like that) to make sure you are only accessing the grid on the UI thread. Getting mysterious (invalid) values in method calls is one symptom of this type of problem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon