We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Why is the syncfusion xls bigger than the excel xls

Attached is a zip file containing two reports:

aperfbyperiod1.xls was created with a vb .net application using the excel interop.

testing.xls was created with a vb .net application using Syncfusion XLSio 4.2.0.37.

Why is the syncfusion created file so much bigger than the excel created file?

Also, on a side note, my original excel template file contained a textured background for the chart sheet. The textured background was not persisted when I saved the file using Syncfusion. If I change the template to use a solid color bakcground then background IS persisted.

aperfbyperiod1.zip

4 Replies

RC Robert Chapman July 31, 2006 07:34 PM UTC

Nevermind. I found the problem. I set the numberformat for all of the rows and not just the used range.

Please ignore this message.

>Attached is a zip file containing two reports:

aperfbyperiod1.xls was created with a vb .net application using the excel interop.

testing.xls was created with a vb .net application using Syncfusion XLSio 4.2.0.37.

Also, on a side note, my original excel template file contained a textured background for the chart sheet. The textured background was not persisted when I saved the file using Syncfusion. If I change the template to use a solid color bakcground then background IS persisted.

aperfbyperiod1.zip

RC Robert Chapman July 31, 2006 07:48 PM UTC

>Nevermind. I found the problem. I set the numberformat for all of the rows and not just the used range.

Please ignore this message.

>Attached is a zip file containing two reports:

aperfbyperiod1.zip

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 1, 2006 10:49 AM UTC

Hi rob,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential XlsIO.The textured background can be preserved by using the following code snippet.

[C#]

IWorkbook workbook = application.Workbooks.Open(@"..\..\Data\Chartstudy.xls",Syncfusion.XlsIO.ExcelParseOptions.DoNotParseCharts);
Here is a sample for your reference.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Texture_changes_619b157d.zip
Please take a look at the attached sample and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Melba

RC Robert Chapman August 1, 2006 06:37 PM UTC

If I use DoNotParseCharts then I cant edit the series captions, the chart title and the axis labels. All these items have to be set via code in order to support localization

How can I set the textured background programmatically?

>Hi rob,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential XlsIO.The textured background can be preserved by using the following code snippet.

[C#]

IWorkbook workbook = application.Workbooks.Open(@"..\..\Data\Chartstudy.xls",Syncfusion.XlsIO.ExcelParseOptions.DoNotParseCharts);
Here is a sample for your reference.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Texture_changes_619b157d.zip
Please take a look at the attached sample and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon