We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Cell Value not saved correctly

Hi Guys,

i try to insert Value 01.2004 which should represented as string, therefore i add the Abostophe before, so the cellvalue should be ''01.2004. But when i open the generated XLS the cell value is a number 37987. This worked fine with version 4.1. with 4.2 i got the error.

best regards,

Kai wachter

3 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 31, 2006 10:07 AM UTC

Hi Kai,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essentail XlsIO. I am afraid that i was not able to reproduce this issue. If you could send us a sample , it will be helpful for us to debug.
I created a sample where the cell value should be displayed as 01.2004 and tested this sample using the version 4.2. It works fine for me.

Here is a sample for your reference:

celltype.zip

Please take a look at the attached sample and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Melba

KW Kai Wachter July 31, 2006 12:37 PM UTC

i used Method Value2 or Value for setting the content.

best regards,
Kai

>Hi Kai,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essentail XlsIO. I am afraid that i was not able to reproduce this issue. If you could send us a sample , it will be helpful for us to debug.
I created a sample where the cell value should be displayed as 01.2004 and tested this sample using the version 4.2. It works fine for me.

Here is a sample for your reference:

celltype.zip

Please take a look at the attached sample and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Melba

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 31, 2006 02:31 PM UTC

Hi kai,

Thank you for using Essential XlsIO. I am able to reproduce the problem.
Normally if you give any data to value or value2 it will format the data.For example if you give date as input to value ie.
sheet.Range["A1"].Value="01/05/05";
The output will be formatted to
01/05/2005.

So to represent 01.2004 as string use the following code.

sheet.Range["A1"].Text = "01.2004";

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon