We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to prevent a Relation from Displaying A child table

I have a group of 5 nested tables which create a five level expansion of Table1->Table2->Table3->Table4->Table5. This is done with 4 relations. I am also using a set of computed columns to calculate the sum of a set of columns from Table 3 to Table 2 to table 1. It appears computed columns do not work if they are computed from other computed columns (ADO limitation?) So I need to create a relation between Table 1 and Table 3. this fixes my expression issue but creates another nesting directly between table 1 and 3. Is there a way to prevent the grid from using this relatinship when determining which nestings to expand?

3 Replies

BL Bill Langlais July 31, 2006 03:39 AM UTC

Hi,

I tried the following and it seems to work. Any problems with this approach or can you recomend a better approach?

//Called in the GridGroupingControls Initialization code

for(int Inc = 0 ; Inc < P_GridSkiResults->TableDescriptor->Relations->Count ; ++Inc) {
GridRelationDescriptor *grd = P_GridSkiResults->TableDescriptor->Relations->Item[Inc];

if(String::Compare(grd->ChildTableDescriptor->Name, DailyTotalsTable) == 0) {
P_GridSkiResults->TableDescriptor->Relations->Remove(grd);
}
}

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 31, 2006 12:26 PM UTC

What you did is OK, but you can try using the relationName as the indexer to retrieve the relation instead of searching for it. In C#, the code would be:

grid.TableDescriptor.Relations.Remove(grid.TableDescriptor.Relations[relationName]);

Here, relationName would be a string that holds the name that was given to the relation when you created it. So, maybe something like this would also work if the indexer accepts a string in MCPP as it does in C#:

P_GridSkiResults->TableDescriptor->Relations->Remove(P_GridSkiResults->TableDescriptor->Relations->Item[relationName]);

BL Bill Langlais July 31, 2006 08:36 PM UTC

Hi,

That should owrk fine in C++. Thanks that is more elegent.

>What you did is OK, but you can try using the relationName as the indexer to retrieve the relation instead of searching for it. In C#, the code would be:

grid.TableDescriptor.Relations.Remove(grid.TableDescriptor.Relations[relationName]);

Here, relationName would be a string that holds the name that was given to the relation when you created it. So, maybe something like this would also work if the indexer accepts a string in MCPP as it does in C#:

P_GridSkiResults->TableDescriptor->Relations->Remove(P_GridSkiResults->TableDescriptor->Relations->Item[relationName]);

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon