We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DockingManager: docking behavior

We have docked controls on the left and the bottom of a form. They can be autohidden via the pin button or using keyboard shortcuts where i''m toggling the autohidemode, but not moved around.

I noticed that depending on the order in which you autohide and then pin the controls, each one can take up the entire "edge" of the host form, reducing the size of the other.

Is there are way to allow one (in our case, the left edge) to always occupy the entire edge when it is pinned, always filling the left docking edge?

This is hard to explain, so i''ve attached screenshots of the what we want to prevent vs. what i''m trying to explain above that we always want, regardless of the order in which the controls where docked.

Thanks,
Julie

DockingBehavior.zip

4 Replies

JK Joy K George Syncfusion Team July 29, 2006 12:35 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

We are trying to create a sample according to your requirement.You will get an update with in 2 days.

Regards,
Joy

JL Julie Levy July 31, 2006 06:18 PM UTC

Thanks!
I also wanted to mention that i get different docking behavior and control sizes depending on whether the user uses the keyboard shortcuts to autohide/pin, or the ui (pin button).
My keyboard shortcut just toggles the autohidemode by calling SetAutoHideMode( Control ctrl, bool bautohide ). Is there a difference between calling this method and the user hitting the pin button?

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team August 4, 2006 12:00 AM UTC

Hi Julie,

Sorry for the delay in responding. With the current implementation of docking architecture the requirement is not possible. So we have created a feature request which will help you to implement the requirement. Here is the link to track progress on that.
Feature Request #1130 - Support to dock a control programatically to entire edge of the host control

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

JL Julie Levy August 4, 2006 01:42 AM UTC

What about my question regarding the difference between the user hitting the pin button and programmatically toggling AutoHideMode.

I notice a difference in the sizing of the control. If the user uses keyboard shortcuts to pin the bottom controls after the page loads with the controls in autohide mode, the control docks with the tabs not visible (the size of the control is only for the control itself, not the tabs). You have to drag the control to resize it for the tabs to appear. If you instead dock the control using the pin button, the tabs appear no problem (the size of the control includes the size of the tabs).

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon