We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Font tag does not change font in HTML Converstion?

The font specified in a font tag with face="..." seems to be ignored. Is this correct?

4 Replies

BT Bhagya T Syncfusion Team July 31, 2006 10:20 AM UTC

Hi Scott,
I am afraid. I am unable to reproduce the problem. Here is the sample that I used to test this issue.

HTMLToPDF.zip

Could you please take a look and let me know if the problem still exists.

Thanks,
Bhagya.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 2, 2006 11:42 AM UTC

Using this with font face "Helvetica" gives me wildly different results in IE and in Syncfusion PDF

>Hi Scott,
I am afraid. I am unable to reproduce the problem. Here is the sample that I used to test this issue.

HTMLToPDF.zip

Could you please take a look and let me know if the problem still exists.

Thanks,
Bhagya.

BT Bhagya T Syncfusion Team August 2, 2006 03:18 PM UTC

Hi Scott,

I was able to reproduce the problem. I have created a bug report regarding this and you can track the status of this issue from the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/pdf/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=2496

Please take a look and let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Bhagya.

BT Bhagya T Syncfusion Team August 24, 2006 05:45 AM UTC

Hi Scott,

Can you please check whether Helvetica font is installed in your system.

In general, if a font is not installed in the system and it is used in applications, then a substitute font or a default font is used for rendering the text. Similarly in converting HTML to PDF, if Helvetica font is not installed in the system the default font is used for rendering the text.

The difference in results in IE and Essential PDF is because of the different default fonts that are being used to render the text.

Please let me know if the problem still exists.

Thanks,
Bhagya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon